Anyone wrenching this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone wrenching this weekend?

My Old Man had planned on just letting me pick a few select ones and perhaps a few he wanted me to have and selling the rest, but it turned out the planning he did to get all his expenses down payed off and he's doing well financially, so he's said I can have them all and his rolling work bench if I can get it before it's time where it's stored is up, which we have no idea when that will be. Weeks? Months? Years?

Jay, I offered a few grand, he wouldn't have any of it.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

no car shows for my/self , the burden of raising a family in this economy/state/country on only one paycheck ,has proven to be far too costly to have much fun ...now after beating my brains in working too much for too little money ..I have a wrecked foot and not much hope
      I don't even dream anymore

Comment

You got a long ways to go Spidey.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Neighbors friend gave me a trailer brake controller for my F150, got it installed today.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
            Neighbors friend gave me a trailer brake controller for my F150, got it installed today.
            That way, if you ever have to borrow the USS Milner to move a car, you will be able to leave the anchor at home ;D.

(For anyone not at the BS East Feast last year, John aka Milner351 has a homemade car trailer, that you could move a house on)
            Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Diddled around with this until I ran out of parts and of course, nobody around here carries go kart stuff.

This was completely packed with dirt and once I got everything cleaned off...discovered all the broken parts!

Ignition module was also toast.
              it now runs....
              My $100 go kart. Got the engine running! Ignition module was dead....the new one has plenty of zap (OUCH, DAMN that hurt LOL!). A little fresh gas and a yank...

Got parts on order...now I wait for the big brown truck.

Comment

Originally posted by 64chrysler300
                Diddled around with this until I ran out of parts and of course, nobody around here carries go kart stuff.

This was completely packed with dirt and once I got everything cleaned off...discovered all the broken parts!
                I'd get into trouble on that thing...provided I could get my fat ass behind the wheel! :D

Winterized the Cougar today (antifreeze, new hoses, thermostat). While driving down the interstate, I noticed a nasty vibration and a funny noise from the rear of the car. I checked the wheels when I got home, but I didn't see anything that jumped out at me. I'm thinking it has a bad u-joint. Looks like she'll be seeing the lift this weekend.

Comment

aren't those cv joints with the irs on your cougar ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    aren't those cv joints with the irs on your cougar ?
                    Yes, and I'll be checking those too.

Comment

Did the rear leaf springs on my buddies F150 4x4.

Also did the frame brackets front, and rear on both sides.
                      That's alot of torching the rivets, and air chiselling them out.

Tired, but done.

Comment

Tweaking under the Mirada's hood, trying to source the non-idle issue. Now I've got the idle stuck somewhere about 1200rpm...enough to stay running at idle in gear, but now hit the brakes and it dies. Sonofa...
                        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

That's all I did....
                          I even got to hang out and touch a Top Fuel Funny car.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Working...
                          X