Re: 1957 vs 2010

the last one seems a bit ridiculous, but the rest seem about right

Leave a comment:

• 88 Dippy
    replied

Originally posted by HEMI
    How true!
    sadly yes it was not even that bad when i was in school and i only graduated in 2007

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied

poisoned to the point of altered brain,

1957- hospital determines dialysis . in stay care, heavy metals

2010- voluntary check into "neurological center", forced to board with a mental patient sharing a room, nightly gatherings, brain medication, no mention of water or excersize, or advice to not take advatnage of the smoke break and get disgnosed a schizophrenic after snapping at the chinese doctors dialect of making no sense and going supremacy on your life without single fact to stand on..outside reality, becuase your integrity is outstanding, leads to an underground story of a perfect hit man, the chink is never seen again.

hurt while working in the military..

1957- you get honorable discharge, 12 purple hearts, 3 medals of valor, handshake todays president and 3 past ones, 42 parades, a 60 year protected prophecy so strong angels come to earth to meet you.. and then live forever.

2010- "f*ck off and die you are a piece of sh*t", and your orders burned in a fire... after going homeless first with no identity...after working into the realms of supernatural.. no human kept up with.

Leave a comment:

• HEMI
    replied

How true!

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    started a topic 1957 vs 2010

1957 vs 2010

I was born in 1957, so they say. I don't remember a lot of it. Ask me abut 1963, I can recall some of that. That's about the time I became aware of my surroundings. A little bit, at least.

Kennedys, the Cold War, race riots, the whole country was in upheaval but I was playing in the yard with tree sticks and little plastic green army men. All was well. I can't imagine the stress the adults went through back then, trying to protect us kids from what was really happening.

Sue Unit forwarded me this. It's from her neice in Pittsburgh. She's ....maybe 13? The content is sort of old, maybe everybody's seen it before. But if the kids are sending this stuff around....it gives us all something to consider, perhaps. Remember, this is from a ... I guess she's an early teenager. Too young to me to be sending stuff like this, but this is what the kids are exposed to, via the internet and life in general....

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario:
    Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go to anger management programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:
    Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and School gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
    Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

20010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
    Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :
    Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy Fawkes, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a bullant nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2010- State Police, Star Force, Federal Police & Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, Feds investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :
    Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Working...
X