• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: car #11

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    isn't maine an i/m 240 state ?

nevermind
    not sure what an i/m 240 state is. but we have no emissions regulations here. you do need catalytic converters though if the car is old enough to have originally came with them to get an inspection sticker

Comment

Man what a steal of a deal!

I was just adding up what I have into my cheap rebuild on the 302 - you got the whole damned car for less!

That's a nice cam - not too much lift so it's great for the street and lotso trouble free miles.

I think that demon is a nice carb - don't get me wrong - but it's sort of funny to think about spending nearly half the price of the car on a carb! Check to see if it has the "idle eeze" screw in the center of the base plate under the air cleaner stud - I've had two demons - one had that screw the other didn't and the one with it was MUCH easier to tune for not only idle but off idle (both of these I got used, 750 dbl pumpers)

As always - all this stuff costs money - figure out where you think it's most wisely spent!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351
        Check to see if it has the "idle eeze" screw in the center of the base plate under the air cleaner stud - I've had two demons - one had that screw the other didn't and the one with it was MUCH easier to tune for not only idle but off idle (both of these I got used, 750 dbl pumpers)
        the one from jegs has the idle ease screw in it.

Originally posted by milner351
        but it's sort of funny to think about spending nearly half the price of the car on a carb!
        that is kinda weird, but if you think of it. most of our cars on this site have waaaaaay more money in aftermarket parts in them then the cars originally cost :D

Comment

itll be at my house at midnight tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
            isn't maine an i/m 240 state ?

nevermind
            not sure what an i/m 240 state is. but we have no emissions regulations here. you do need catalytic converters though if the car is old enough to have originally came with them to get an inspection sticker
            I do not know what that is either. Not many datsuns around. ???
            j/k 240
            its a j/k 240 state.. ;D
            the 85-87 range of stuff is headed for the 25 year mark.. this means antique plates, and any crazy old project you cram under the hood is not a surprise to any inspector.

I first read of this with a mercedes that went to vegetable oil and back again.. no convertors, and several other items so beyond deifferent it was not oem, nor could be. anyhoo.. once 25 years rolled around, nobody cared, and it is written as such. you could stick trailer lights in the back for tail lights, and two stright pipes out the sides.. as long as the deciblas stay lawed.

I giggling about duals on a little sube... no y-pipe.. one year to go.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The IM240 test is a chassis dynamometer schedule used for emission testing of in-use light duty vehicles in inspection & maintenance programs implemented in a number of states.

It is a short, 240 second test representing a 1.96 mile (3.1 km) route with an average speed of 29.4 mile/h (47.3 km/h) and a maximum speed of 56.7 mile/h (91.2 km/h).
              checking for NOx ..jersey just stopped doing it

Comment

The IM240 test is a chassis dynamometer schedule used for emission testing of in-use light duty vehicles in inspection & maintenance programs implemented in a number of states.

It is a short, 240 second test representing a 1.96 mile (3.1 km) route with an average speed of 29.4 mile/h (47.3 km/h) and a maximum speed of 56.7 mile/h (91.2 km/h).
                checking for NOx ..jersey just stopped doing it
                ohhh....ya/ none of that in maine

and the mustang is now at my house 8)

Comment

light em up !

Comment

Working...
                  X