Parents Looking to Move to Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Looking to Move to Vegas

I know the last thing the Las Vegas, Nevada area needs are 2 more 70 year old drivers so please don't blast me too much it's their idea not mine.

What I'm trying to help with is getting some first hand info on what it is like to live there. Mom lived there about 40 years ago I bet it's changed a little sense then.

They are not too hip on Home Owners Assn. and don't really want the DelWeb life either are there areas that are close to grocery stores,pharmacies,local restaurants,med centers? I know those may seem like lame desires but they are ready for a change from So.Cal.

The truth is the Condo life might be best for them as long as the Home Owners Assn. was not as much of a clique as the one they have dealt with for the last 20 years (this year the flowers will be blue,tear out the yellow,$1500 more please) but they say they don't want to be around "old" people either.

Please don't just reply with stay the hell out!

Re: Parents Looking to Move to Vegas

Look around the beltway....west and north of town. Lots of newer gated places, usually there's all the necessities close by.

I wonder if housing prices went back up? they were really in the toilet for a while
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Beltway?
      Remember we're out of towners.

Comment

215, the partly done freeway that runs around town from the south, to the west, up north, and east. Look at a recent map of Vegas, you'll see it.

I'm an out of towner too, but I was there last weekend.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I understand they will be having one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation for the next 6 mo.'s or so....i don't believe that market is close to bottom yet. should be some good bargains.... maybe better ones in 6mo.'s....
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

The problem is the realators all think it's still 2002 and are trying to "bank" on out of towners not knowing the market.

Comment

Just check out the MLS listings for Vegas, lots of good deals there.

Comment

everybody is moving out ... I love las vegas , great times there over the years

Comment

I don't know what your parents' standard of living is like but my grandfather lived about an hour west of Vegas - kind of retirementesque communities (he lived in Tecopa Hot Springs)... he moved from Sun Valley CA and loved it there.... Vegas is nice once you get away from the strip and into the surrounding communties..
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks Buickguy, and others, this is the kind of info we need.
                      Please keep 'em coming.

Where is the "bad" side of town? I was TDY at Nellis back in '88 and they gave us a map marked with where to stay away from.

Comment

Generally any neighborhood that's been there at least 5 years

My fabulous web page

Comment

I thought the place went downhill when the philly cheese steak stand on sahara blvd closed up 14 years ago

Comment

Working...
                          X