Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whatever happened to the forum layout changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whatever happened to the forum layout changing?

I'm with Peewee. I am not a proponent of change... or hope for that matter.

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

some things would like to see...

the link to a vid could be the vid in the thread.

"post reply" could go to a login screen automatically, and then bring you back to the thread you are replying to.

simple stuff like this.

or even the "what are you listening to" thread could have an easy means to setup a link to song title with one button, and no code knowledge needed

click here

the biggest gripe is seeming a buffer overflow and control... my machine is fanning up right now, and loses my position if I am not looking. It is this forum only that does this. :

I have watched these evolve for some time. there is some playing with light colors to add more gadgets, etc etc balance old school to new. I am sure this place has that knowledge..

vbulletin, whatever works the least for the most. I hope it happens, I liike lurking... about as out of place as peewee feels.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Posting pics without using lame ass Photobucket or Image Shack is all I want. That shit is really getting old.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I reduce the file size on all my pics on Photobucket to wafer thin but the site takes forever to load and then jumps about like a junky.
          Hate it.
          It would be neat if each of us had a picture gallery, even if the pics were size limited, and we could upload pics from our computers into a thread.
          All the rest is perfect.
          8)

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            Posting pics without using lame ass Photobucket or Image Shack is all I want. That shit is really getting old.
            I totally agree, photobucket and all it's pop-up ads suck!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

VB, well not the new one is easy to navigate and use. The quick reply box with the tags will be vey nice.

Comment

remember we are talking about software here, that has a built in obsolescence in it. They will need to upgrade it sooner or later no how much we dont like it. Some people wish we still had Apple IIc and 386 with DOS.

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by malc

It would be neat if each of us had a picture gallery.
                  8)
                  Bingo!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
                    Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                    I totally agree, photobucket and all it's pop-up ads suck!
                    Content from Photobucket intended to make storing and preserving photo and video memories easier.

quick and easy.
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I want my Commodore 64 back. I knew the basic programming language. I wrote a very large business simulation on it, using the random number generator.. It was a text-only program, of course. My brother and I conspired to get rich from selling it via an ad in Compute! magazine. Bet nobody remembers that publication from the computer boom.

It was a shovel factory. You had to buy handles and scrap steel and bolts to hold the shovels together, and you had to buy shipping boxes for them and the union might go on strike if you made them mad by disciplining an employee who didn't actually break the rules of the contract. And it worked.

Boy, those were the days. We lost our asses. The ad in the magazine cost $750, and we sold about 20 of the discs at $20 apiece, and then we got busted for $500 by the IRS for not filing a quarterly tax return on our so-called business.

Yeah, I want that Commodore 64 back. At least I knew how to work it. I was the master of it. My, how times have changed.

peewee
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

There are some very good photos that get posted here. I would like to see a wider viewing area so medium size images could be posted and viewed without having to use a scroll bar.

Comment

I want a 3-D view of everything without having to wear any goofy glasses. I want the platform to do what I want it to do without having to do anything with the mouse or the keyboard. I want it do do what I think, not what I tell it to do.

Shut up peewee.

Okay.

I'm posting away to enjoy the days before the world ends.

Shall we have a party, or a funeral when it all goes away?

Comment

The only thing that will be lost is our post count. All of our "great" discussion will be carried over for future generation to enjoy.
                            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I hang out in another forum, Chevytalk, that uses FusionBB. The one thing I like there that isn't a feature here, after I've read a thread to the last post, I move on to the next thread but when I go back to the original thread because of new posts, I get to pick up where I left off, not at the beginning or end of the thread, depending on setting, like it is here. It doesn't matter how long or if I've logged off or not, right back to the first unread post in the thread.
                              I've tried different settings here but haven't found the magic one yet. :D

The only thing that will be lost is our post count. All of our "great" discussion will be carried over for future generation to enjoy.
                              Damn! It's taken me since the Carjunkie days to get the few I have now. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
                                Are you sure of that Neal? If so.......

Okay I'm a ranter and a raver. Post count means a lot to some folks, as in "accomplishment" as mentioned here somewhere. Yeah, it takes a lot of time over a lot of time to rack up posts. And there's the fun accomplished in the process.

Okay, if the archives remain intact, I'm......still not good with it. If it's not broke don't fix it, but I reckon I've said that too many times already.

But I can't fix anything anyhow. You don't want me to try. It's ugly. Real ugly, me trying to fix something.

peewee

Comment

Working...
                                X