Favorite tool in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite tool in the garage?

I was asked by my wife what my favorite tool in the garage was today, sort of a random BS conversation, and I was thinking originally my sawzall...but then I thought about two other canidates...simple tools, really.
    One is an original Ford pipe wrench I found in a box of stuff at the last house I rented 4-5 years ago...or the other honestly is some ancient hammer I have, sort of a mini BFH, chisel point one side, mini sledge the other.

I mean, I like having a simple welder, the rollaway with the regular joe sockets and wrenches, and the normal fair, but something about that stupid hammer.

Your turn!
    Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: Favorite tool in the garage?

I have to say Vice Grips... specifically, this kind:

There isn't a bolt they won't get, but you have to be carefull with brake line fittings, not to squeeze them out of shape, if you want to re-use them.

Comment

I'm torn between the hoist and the air compressor, I use both constantly. Of course, wrenches and screwdrivers and the like are important, too, but the air squeezer and hoist are always in use.

Dan

Comment

No question about it.... The one tool that I use the most is a Brown and Sharp 6" Vernier Caliper

Next?

Comment

Channel locks are my favorite!!!!

Comment

needle nose pliers and sledge hammers

Comment

I can't decide. My old Airco Heli-arc has sentimental value, but the stomp shear and the box brake are things that once I had them I couldn't imagine not having them.

Comment

Either the Mig welder or the Plasma cutter, but i do have a favorite BFH Too.

Comment

Slap Dollies and Pinging Hammers.

Traded for them with a set of Old Wooden Golf Clubs. It came with all the leading Spoons too.

Comment

Depends on what I'm working on.

For Cars: The old Westward brand socket set I've owned since I was in High School 30 years ago.

For Electronics/Work Stuff: A set of Excelite precision pliers, cutters and strippers that I have also owned for eons.

For househole stuff-No question about it: My sawzall. ;D

But for a tool that's used for all of the above: My dremel tool set with it's 5 million accessories and attachments wins hands down...

Comment

That's a tough one. If it were something I couldn't live without I'd say...my sockets, yes, the staple wins.

Comment

Most sentimental is a 1/2" drive ratchet that my dad had since before I was born that I still use. Most used is a small plastic flashlight that I can hold in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbad2dabone
                          Most sentimental is a 1/2" drive ratchet that my dad had since before I was born that I still use. Most used is a small plastic flashlight that I can hold in my mouth.
                          LOL I gotta blue mini-mag light like that! It's funny because you can ask someone to hold it and they never get it on the EXACT spot!

Comment

With my clumsy fingers - My telescoping magnets. 2 Sizes - I love em, even just grabbing that nut that fell right under the middle of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbad2dabone
                              You gotta get more lights in your shop.... ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X