Lemon's tips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon's tips...

Freiburger just mentioned the 24hrs of Lemon's race again... and it made me think of a couple of tips for him.... course that got me to wondering what you guys would have to add to the fray...

My thoughts were to ensure all the tires on the car were the same size and have plenty of extra's... ( we used every new tire we had on the front right wheel at one point or another in the race we ran ) Also if you know up front that most the turns are Left for example... put in a bit of Camber to help out the tire wear...

Fuel cells seem to be a Really good idea... but make sure it vents correctly when FULL... ours leaked a bit...

Oh and Be ready to Race ... like have your spares organized... ( I'm assuming you'll have spares... )

Keith

Re: Lemon's tips...

Some random ideas. Reminds me of the Saugus Street Stock cars we built in high school shop.
    • Suspension
      • remove the disk brake dust shields and add some Home Depot brake ducting
      • drill some holes or cut some ~1"x3" holes in the rear drum backing plates. Front (inlet) and rear (outlet)
      • www.firmfeel has T-bars for those. Go BIG!
      • hopefully it has a saginaw power steering pump. The federal types aren't very durable.

Setup
      • Dial in a lot of static negative camber. I wouldn't be afraid to start at 3.0 neg. The less T-bar, even more camber.
      • Might need camber "helper" kit Moog PN K7104. OR add hardened washers between spindle and lower ball joint (will change SAI)

Realibility
      • add some sort of hose to extend the power steering fill. They tend to puke
      • drill a hole in the trans and oil dip stick and hold it down with a spring.
      • attach springs to trans tube bracket and possibly valve cover
      • devise some sort of central or external breather: http://www.mrmopar.com/SpringFling20...-05-03_015.jpg
      • weld a baffle around the oil pan sump. An accusump would be cool if you can do it with your budget.
      • heat shielding on fuel lines

A little more out of the box.... A taller spindle would give you camber gain in corners. Curious if the 74 Fury and 75-77 Gran Fury spindles are taller and will they bolt on. Just like a F/M/J spindle does to a A/B/E body.

Comment

Wow that's pretty good stuff....

How many of you guys have been to a LeMon's race?

K

Comment

Haven't had the chance, but it looks good...people who know what they're doing vs. rednecks vs. demo-wannabes.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

From the few Youtube videos I watched of the last race (Sept 29/07) there were just a few too many cars on the track.
          Hopefully they will limit entries this year so there is some actual racing maneuvers and not what looks to be queue jumping.

Comment

Originally posted by autoxcuda
            Some random ideas. Reminds me of the Saugus Street Stock cars we built in high school shop.

• Setup
              • Dial in a lot of static negative camber. I wouldn't be afraid to start at 3.0 neg. The less T-bar, even more camber.
              • Might need camber "helper" kit Moog PN K7104. OR add hardened washers between spindle and lower ball joint (will change SAI)

A little more out of the box.... A taller spindle would give you camber gain in corners. Curious if the 74 Fury and 75-77 Gran Fury spindles are taller and will they bolt on. Just like a F/M/J spindle does to a A/B/E body.

Been following the LeMons race. Just heard they added spacers between the spindle and ball joint. Great idea! ;D

Comment

Working...
            X