Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 40 million a year

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    they cut the compression ratio a couple of years back ...and went to unleaded fuel
    Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. :D

(Yes, I am breaking your balls. )
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

those were kind of dumb ..PC moves

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        the rumor was wal mart

I just knew it, the Chinese are getting into NASCAR.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Like it or not, agree or not, here's a simple six-letter summation of what's bugging NASCAR in this to-date unremarkable season: J-U-N-I-O-R, or a lack thereof.

For evidence, I had to look no further than recent conversations with three fans -- two casual, one rabid.

With the final 10-race playoff beginning Sunday at New Hampshire, all they wanted to know was what's wrong with Junior, as in Dale Earnhardt Jr.?

My replies, while not singular, were similar: If I had the answer to that, I could bottle it, sell it and retire even after satisfying Uncle Sam.

In short, Dale Jr. is lost. He hasn't won since stealing a fuel-mileage victory at Michigan in 2008. He finished 16th in points in 2007, qualified for the playoff but finished 12th in 2008, was 25th last year and with 10 races to go this season, is 16th.

He's got all of four top-5 finishes and 11 top 10s in the last 62 races.

And that's with the same equipment and the same support that carried his Hendrick Motorsports teammates Jimmie Johnson to four straight NASCAR Sprint Cup championships, Mark Martin to a runner-up finish last season and Jeff Gordon to six playoff appearances in seven seasons.

It's mystery worthy of Sherlock Holmes or perhaps even Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson of "Closer" fame because there indeed has been a homicide. The hearts of Junior's legions of fans stopped beating when the knife of another devastating season was thrust into them -- thanks Jimmy Breslin.

And whether the mystery persists through the remainder of 2010 or is solved as mysteriously as it surfaced, one thing is for sure: NASCAR not only needs Dale Jr. but it needs him to win.

At this point, not even running well will suffice. He's got to get to the front and stay there, sweeping his fans off their feet with flash, slash and dash.

But with the way his No. 88 Chevy is running -- or not -- and the way he is driving it -- or not -- success isn't going to come any earlier or any more often.

Is it time to make crew chief Lance McGrew the sacrificial lamb? Most likely, since team owner Rick Hendrick surely isn't going to send Dale Jr. packing.

Or, is it time to reunite Junior with first cousin (they bickered like brothers) and former crew chief Tony Eury Jr., or perhaps bring Eury's no nonsense father Tony Sr. out of mothballs?

Perhaps, but word is neither wants the hassle inherent in being the pit boss for NASCAR's most visible and popular driver.

Who can blame them?

Either way, something's got to be done, and as much as NASCAR would benefit from a resurgence, there's nothing the sanctioning body can do. Surely, the black helicopter crowd will maintain, NASCAR could wink and nod and look the other way a time or two, but that would be but a drop in the bucket. And even then, some success would bring merciless expectations and demands for even more, and before long Junior would once again find himself on the devil's endless treadmill, never able to keep pace.

Poor kid.

Comment

again up in n.h.
            the car twitched on the set into turn one almost every lap with a very bad push on entering the turn and loose out. as cars pulled away on the exit and his straight speed wasn't good. from exit to brake.. the car wouldn't rpm
            mark martin's had the same issue..
            if it was just Jr. I'd say maybe the cars set up..
            but two cars.. and mark never really bitches.. but the 24 and 48 pulled like freight trains..
            best thing that could happen would be hendrick send him packing and RCR give him a nice big welcome home..
            everytime he passed a car (and he started in the back a few times that sunday) the crowd went nuts, he'd work up to the top 10/5 and that was it..
            I really felt bad for smoke..

Comment

..And Richard Childress Racing bags Budweiser as main sponsor for Harvick!

Comment

I agree with Ironhead, the cars are set up very poorly. You can see it in the in car camera with the steering angles and corrections.

Two problems here, either they can't get it right, (which I find preposterous, look at Jimmy's car) or Dale Jr. can't communicate what he needs (the ability to communicate what the car is doing is critical to success).

The chemistry here is bad.

Comment

tony eury senior is the best crew chief out there
                  last time in sprint cup , he got kesolowski his first win at talladega

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                    I agree with Ironhead, the cars are set up very poorly. You can see it in the in car camera with the steering angles and corrections.

Two problems here, either they can't get it right, (which I find preposterous, look at Jimmy's car) or Dale Jr. can't communicate what he needs (the ability to communicate what the car is doing is critical to success).

The chemistry here is bad.
                    he communicates just fine, when in the rcr cars..
                    that ride was more than a "just drive a #3 car and sell tons of tees,diecast" it was to show where the issue really is..
                    it's like DW he ran in the back for his last few years, remember what he did in the #1 car of dei when park was out hurt..

he was a factor, not in the back..
                    JR needs out of the hendrick family.. as it is a family everyones cash goes into the pot to help with the best chances, and to rick hendrick and jeff gordon(part owner of the 48) the best choice is the 48.. and that leaves mark and jr with left overs, when was the last time you've seen an axle snap leaving the puts,,
                    I've seen pinion shafts let go..
                    jr and mark are running with used up parts, shoved under those cars after the 48 and 24 are done with them..

Comment

with the 40 mill junior brings in , he gets the left overs , freakin j gordon can't get a sponsor

Comment

Working...
                      X