Re: Another Holden for Pontiac.

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
    Originally posted by dartcharger
    "pontihack"
    You're such a moper! :P
    ;D

Comment

Between this, the G8, the Camaro, and the Solstice coupe... GM is determined to end up with a lot of my paycheck somehow. (Yeah, I said solstice coupe... it looks awesome and I don't know how long I'd be able to keep a camaro gassed up since I need a DD).

I dont' consider myself poor but in reality, how much do you have to make to afford a $600-700 a month car payment? Maybe I'm poor but I don't know it? I might have to break down and actually sell a vehicle which I've never done before (at least for more than $500)
      Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I just hadn't seen you here in a while Eric. Perhaps I was missing you! :-*

Originally posted by Eric68
        400 modifications . . . :o wow.
        That was actually printed in HotRod Magazine, probably 2003, in an interview with Bob Lutz I think.
        I'm assuming it's also not to say, that there were 400 things wrong with the Monaro, just several things that required a total of 400 modifications. Relocating the fuel tank may have required 150 of the mods for all we know, when you count individuals parts and such.

I'd imagine our safety standards are pretty-much based on yours. It would be hard to dis-agree with a country that has the most automotive experience in the world. And apart from driving on the left, I'd say our road designs are mirrored too.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj
          “El Camino” is a strong model brand and GM should exploit this by selling the Holden Ute in a Chevy showroom. Tooling should be negligible because GM already sells this Holden as a Chevy with a Chevy fascia in South Africa and the Middle East.
          There is kind of one problem with this and that is the South Africa and Middle East chevys don't match North America Chevy's design language. The new NA chevys will probably continue to look similar to the new 08 malibu (it isn't anything like the malibus of old but much better than the last two design) Pontiac is having a naming contest for the G8 ST and if you don't like ST go to pontiac and tell em what to name it. I think sprint is a decent name because most people dont know that the elkys had a cousin from GMC named sprint so it won't muddle up the sprint name too bad

Comment

Working...
          X