Low Attendance at Richmond Nationwide Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Attendance at Richmond Nationwide Race

Just watching the Nationwide race at Richmond on TV and see very few people.
    I guess maybe 5000-8000, any other thoughts, this track holds over 100,000
    Wow , NASCAR needs to get busy and get people to the track.

Re: Low Attendance at Richmond Nationwide Race

Ok WOW...that place is stunningly empty.

It really is amazing....like speechles.

ESPN2....look
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

What's the economy like in the Richmond area?

Sacramento's economy is in the crapper. So, to get the attendance back up at the state fair this year, they lowered prices on everything. I mean everything was lower, tickets, food, and even beer. It really helped to get people back.

Nascar has no choice, but to accept they will live and die by the 'blue collar fan'. They thought they could turn their backs on them by attracting the wine and cheese crowd and raising prices to ridiculous levels. Just because you have super expensive suites at your track doesn't mean you'll make a profit if no one is sitting in the stands.

Two years ago a friend tried to get me to go to fall Fontana Cup race, but at over $100 bucks for just the ticket with pit pass was beyond idiotic for me to pay. That didn't include gas, parking, food, or souvenirs.

The only way they'll get butts in the stands again is to drastically lower prices. And, I mean on every damn thing.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Parking at Fontana is free isn't it?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

How long will sponsors keep putting up dollars for races when the stands are empty ?

I would like to see what the TV audience was for that race.

Comment

It's everywhere except maybe the NFL.
            Some suggest that it's because HDTV and home theaters have made it more enjoyable to sit at home.

Comment

its not that the crowds are getting smaller, the venues are getting bigger, hell 100K + seating at tracks under 1 mile, sheesh, look at the old footage of bristol (last weeks bus jump blog) they seated maybe 10-12k, These smaller tracks had to make more seating so that they could keep thier racing date(s) to appease NASCAR, screw'm I'll stick with my local dirt track
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

NASCAR IS A BLUE COLLAR SPORT.
                and the blues are not working,, no work no money..
                why is this shoking.. the NFL is blacking out local markets (t.v.) because games are not selling ticket, if it's not sold out it will be blacked out,
                news flash the economy isn't getting better

Comment

The National Football League, which is trying to head off a threatened work stoppage next season, is facing the third straight year of declining season ticket sales as teams struggle to attract fans to watch America's most popular professional sport in person.

Comment

they showed the 2005 richmond race on speed the other day
                    the place was PACKED
                    no toyotas

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                      why is this shoking.. the NFL is blacking out local markets (t.v.) because games are not selling ticket, if it's not sold out it will be blacked out,
                      Football has been blacking out games for years, if it's not a sellout within 72 hours of kickoff it's not viewable within 75 miles of the game.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                        Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                        Football has been blacking out games for years, if it's not a sellout within 72 hours of kickoff it's not viewable within 75 miles of the game.
                        yes, but it's now widespead not just teams that suck. like the gators ;D

Comment

junior was 3 laps down ....it rained , most of the "crowd" went home

Comment

I almost gave up at the third caution. Sat down to eat and told my wife "its over Hamlin won". But then whats his face stayed out and everyone else pitted. I was kinda wanitng Johnson to win but he got third.

I think NASCAR being a fad is calming down also. I knew way too many people that just cared about who was winning at the moment and just wanted something to talk about besides football during the week.

Comment

Working...
                            X