Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenn. Valley Fair(hit and miss engine pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenn. Valley Fair(hit and miss engine pics)

Sorry for the pic quality wrong time of the day , facing the wrong way.
    These are pics from the Tenn. Valley Fair in Knoxvilles Chilhowie Park taken today.

Which way did they go?

Maybe that way

My real reason for being there, so Hudson can ride the pony rides!

Re: Tenn. Valley Fair(hit and miss engine pics)

hit one of the first engines made with a wee bit of
    No2 :D
    COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Too cool!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos. The picture of the little Henry Ford engine is neat. Crazy that the united states auto industry basically started with that!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Also had a guy on the exibition hall selling a 50cc moped type engine bored and stroked to 110cc, some type of import. He was selling them to convert bicycles over. He actually had 7 of them lined up on one bike side to side , a 7 cylinder (770cc) saying it had a top speed of over 100 MPH. sorry no pics but his business was the Shed Moped Shop, no website. But I was thinking what a neat cruiser for the beach, town, or at the race track. I was asking questions and he really didnt want to talk, I think he thought I was wanting to pic his brain. I was

Comment

man - way cool pics. I need to get to a steam or stationary engine / tractor show again soon. Very interesting stuff!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I love shows like that. What I love most is talking to the older guys who've restored those things. Many of them are machinists or the like by trade - retired with some machines at home, and capable of creating amazing things.

Great that you got your son on a pony - a great family day!
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
              man - way cool pics. I need to get to a steam or stationary engine / tractor show again soon. Very interesting stuff!
              Have you ever heard of this one Scott ?
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

They are a couple good thresher shows in NC. One is in Denton and the other is in Denver, just above Charlotte.
                Great shows , not sure on the dates, I think the one in Denton is around the 4th of July.

Comment

Suh-weet! I love that stuff because even I can understand how it works.
                  The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                  X