Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what is a Torino 9" big bearing axle worth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what is a Torino 9" big bearing axle worth these days?

Just looking for a feeler on this one. I have a car I bought just so I could get two 351 clevelands, and meant to flip the car. Got stuck with the car, sold once, but guy can't afford to ship, so I am just done.
    Instead of just hauling in, I am parting out. Sawzall time is coming up, but wondering what the complete 9" would even be worth now.
    Anyone in the midwest, what are 9" going for...this is a 28 spline, open carrier.
    Has the big bearing ends on it.

Andrew
    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Re: So, what is a Torino 9" big bearing axle worth these days?

they get 75-150 here

Comment

Those are coveted in the jeepin' world. Exact same width as a YJ ('88-'95) or TJ ('95-?). Can throw a locker and 31 spline stuff in there and have a bullet-proof setup. Same stuff that I swiped outta my YJ and transplanted into my '56 Chevy... which incidentally, also has the exact same width. 35-spline stuff fits too, just more ca$H.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

around $150 to $200 in this corner of kansas
        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Caveman - you're a newbie? WTF?

Tony knows more about the widths than I do - sounds like putting it up on Ebay or a jeep website may net you the biggest $$.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

ha p.m. D/F he'll buy it, what won't he buy :D

Comment

Just for an FYI,

64" is the width of a '74 Ranchero 9" rr I pulled myself awhile back which sits in my yard now, drum-to-drum. Should be the same as a Torino.

61 1/4" is the width of an XJ (Cherokee) sitting next to it. A lot narrower, I'd always heard YJ's were the same but don't know and can't say.

58" is early Bronco 9", for reference. Really narrow.

Around here everyone wants an Explorer 8.8 for their Jeeps...my vauge recollection is that they are around 60 1/2 - 61".

The 64" is good for classic pickups ('50s) with a 4' bed width in my experience, and of-course there would be other candidates like the Chevs... The only drag with a 9" is a low pinion height (in relation to the axle c/l) which increases the driveshaft angle slightly on a lifted vehicle.

Comment

Working...
              X