No announcement yet.

How about some BangShift Press passes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about some BangShift Press passes??

You know something to get us into the track for free. ;) ;D

No seriously I don't care if I have to pay to get in to the track, but it would be cool to be able to go to my local tracks here and be able to hang out where only the press guys can. I'm just thinking something simple like a back stage pass that hangs around your neck that says "BangShift Press" on it.

I'm thinking it might get more of us to go to the track and come back here and share the pics and experience.

So what do you think??

Re: How about some BangShift Press passes??

While it would be cool to do, we really can't.

It only takes one person to use a pass like that to do something dumb and our reputation instantly goes to crap.

To get media credentials for events you have to apply for them and places like the NHRA and others regularly deny requests. You can't just walk up with a "press pass" and run around most race tracks.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

But it's a cool feeling when the velvet ropes part for you and your walking around with your camera takin pics and wearing your BS shirt and people pretty much know who you are just by those 2 items
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        While it would be cool to do, we really can't.

It only takes one person to use a pass like that to do something dumb and our reputation instantly goes to crap.

To get media credentials for events you have to apply for them and places like the NHRA and others regularly deny requests. You can't just walk up with a "press pass" and run around most race tracks.

Brian
        i wonder how far they can go to verify integrity. I remember military and simply secret/ random top secret was unbelievable to get through (I was just a crew chief)

I would hope they have a thorough means to verify stuff.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

When I was checking it out at Firebird, you just had to fill out a form a few weeks before the event stating what news organization your with.

But then most events here have open pits, so you really don't need a press pass for that.

But then I can see Brian's point by not wanting forum members being associated with this site at the track, as I'm sure someone will screw up and give this place a bad name.

Maybe I should start my own site covering local events and such. Hmmmm............

Comment

Working...
          X