Old car pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old car pics

Going through a box of old pics I found these of a Monte my dad raced at Freeport Speedway

Re: Old car pics

That looks like real stock car racing. Unless it is my imagination, I do not see any roll cage in that car. Looks like it was the true buy it and drive it at the track.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Family Photo Albums Rock

Family pics rule! -- Thanks for posting 'em! --

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s
        That looks like real stock car racing. Unless it is my imagination, I do not see any roll cage in that car. Looks like it was the true buy it and drive it at the track.
        They had a class called Spectator Drags. The cars lined up two by two and raced for one lap and it went in elimination rounds like drag racing. The only rules were the car had to have legal registration and DOT tires. He won a bit with that car but It was built just to turn left. The right front spring was cut down from a full size Caddy, he had a ton of right front camber, a locked rear with 4.56s and air shocks in the rear he could adjust from inside the car between rounds for more wedge. It was also his only car so he rode his bike to work most days.

Comment

Way cool!

Just another example of how you don't need big bucks to have fun or participate in motorsports. Nice Monte by the way, I think that these cars look badass when roughed up a little.

I know my '71 Monte will never be a race car but I plan on abusing it at my local tracks when it's done!

Comment

Nice ride, my Dad and brother used to go to Freeport every year for the July 4th race, I finally got old enough to go once, and the following year they closed it down.
            sigpic

Comment

Another track lost to progress. It sat a few years, then became a Caldor, sat empty a few more years and now is a BJ's Wholesale Club. I'm sure the world is a better place for it. :

Comment

:-\ Yeah, progress, that's it. They're trying to closed down Riverhead Raceway now, it's the last place left on the island. Some people don't understand why it's loud when they bought property next to a race track... duh!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wally
                  Going through a box of old pics I found these of a Monte my dad raced at Freeport Speedway

Very Cool!!
                  Dig that 72 Monte Carlo

RickSSR 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Wally
                    Originally posted by dand38s
                    They had a class called Spectator Drags. The cars lined up two by two and raced for one lap and it went in elimination rounds like drag racing. The only rules were the car had to have legal registration and DOT tires. He won a bit with that car but It was built just to turn left. The right front spring was cut down from a full size Caddy, he had a ton of right front camber, a locked rear with 4.56s and air shocks in the rear he could adjust from inside the car between rounds for more wedge. It was also his only car so he rode his bike to work most days.

man, thats extremely cool! never heard of the spectator drags. and your dad ridding his bike to work, so he could race his only car, thats hard core cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X