Mayhem in the N'hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayhem in the N'hood

So, my neighbors for two years had to move away last month but come back frequently, they were parked in front of the local store where we all go last Saturday eve and blammo, a gal with a couple drinks under her belt doing 60 in a "45" swerves to miss a local transient on a bicycle. She hit him anyhow and then took a detour through the parking lot of the store and into the back of my freind's car, with the wife and daughter sitting inside waiting. She hits the VW hard and pushes it into the store, where our favorite counter-guy takes a load of glass in the leg from the impact. The VW occupants are OK but a bit shook up. The assitant counter-guy gets pushed aside as my neighbor flies past to check on his family.

Misc. facts: Neighbors foreclosed last month, and sold their other car four days before losing the VW , they could use it back now...Counterguy is an Iranian Christian, father was killed in the nineties by those "other" guys due to religious belief... Neighbor's wife ran for Congress this spring...

SUV driver was airlifted to hospital because the "Life-Flight" service severely needed the revenue (my opinion), then incarcerated and bailed out of jail today...bicyclist was dead a few minutes after impact...and I sat home the entire evening listening to sirens instead of going over there...

A crazy night in the neighborhood. No, nobody was "street-racing".

Re: Crazy day in the N'hood

Wow that was crazy. Glad your friends weren't hurt.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Jeez man, like living in a Bruckheimer movie!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Ouch. Hopefully things start looking up for your old neighbors.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Sounds like an average day in Urban Sprawl, USA.

The Mexicans and Canadians live better, dude. Move there. There, its be stupid at your own risk... and if you f up anyone other than yourself, you may not make it out alive.

I used to think it was just MA drivers, then I moved to FL. Then I thought it was FL drivers, 'till I moved to TX. Then I though TX drivers were nuts, 'till I moved to SC, then I thought THOSE were the worst, 'till I moved to AZ. Deployed to Kuwait, and those were the worst of all; back to AZ, and those were the worst, until I moved back to Boston. Then the Massholes were the worst again, until I moved to NJ, which now takes the friggin' cake.

Maybe its me.

Nah, it's everybody else....
          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony
            Sounds like an average day in Urban Sprawl, USA.

The Mexicans and Canadians live better, dude. Move there. There, its be stupid at your own risk... and if you f up anyone other than yourself, you may not make it out alive.

I used to think it was just MA drivers, then I moved to FL. Then I thought it was FL drivers, 'till I moved to TX. Then I though TX drivers were nuts, 'till I moved to SC, then I thought THOSE were the worst, 'till I moved to AZ. Deployed to Kuwait, and those were the worst of all; back to AZ, and those were the worst, until I moved back to Boston. Then the Massholes were the worst again, until I moved to NJ, which now takes the friggin' cake.

Maybe its me.

Nah, it's everybody else....
            It's Arizona, all the crappy drivers in the USA a learned to drive in Tucson.

Sounds like a fraking disaster....

A kid that used to work a few buildings down from me struck a transient on a bike one night......the transient was decapitated and it landed in the passengers lap...the young driver was so distraught over what he just saw that he ran home (just around the corner and killed himself with a shotgun...
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
              Ouch. Hopefully things start looking up for your old neighbors.
              No kidding.

Brian's got a good few weeks of work ahead of him right now, a nice change. Terri is doing some soul-searching over her decision to move the car over a space in the lot...that surely saved the life of our counter-guy who everybody loves, even if Brian gives him some crap now-and-then. ;) The daughter missed school today, I guess we'll understand that.

The DUI is somebody's baby-sitter, so I heard today (it's a small town), and yep she's freaked. The cyclist she hit was also probably DUI, a buddy he was riding with was, so it's said.

Comment

Working...
              X