X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT PARTS NEEDED IN INDY TOMORROW FOR JEFFMCKC

CALL ME AT 816 213 0040
    I need a complete vacuum pump including v belt pulley pump and mounting bracket.
    Thanks
    Doc

Re: URGENT PARTS NEEDED IN INDY TOMORROW FOR JEFFMCKC

call moroso
    "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

for?
      crankcase?
      if you have to go redneck..
      dirtdevil car vacumm duct taped to hose to pull vacumm.
      speedservice is one here and in indy..
      he's got his web site listed in the parts for sale area,
      317-858-7733

Comment

Doc,

Why didn't you guys come see me. I think I could have gotten you one in Columbus. Or did it break on the road?

Call me if you need to. I'll make some calls to folks in Indy.

Chad
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Thanks Chad. It grenaded on the road. Shaft must have seized up, broke the pulley and shed the gilmer belt.
          Jeff hopes to find a complete 3 vane moroso pump including v belt pulleys, belt, mounting bracket and convert his lines and regulator from his mr gasket ebay special. He may have to limp down the track on wednesday and try to catch up on the remaining days.
          I am praying for heavy rain like in 2006 at Indy.

Comment

Doc, do a member seach for "Speed Service" his name is Chuy and he owns a full line speed shop in Indy that should have everything Jeff needs.

Here's the number:

Speed Service 454 Johnson Lane Suite A | Brownsburg, Indiana 46112 1-317-858-7733
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bing Maps says Speed Service is now located at 1500 East Main which is actually at the NW corner of Raceway Park on Rt. 136.

Comment

got a 7am call from Jeff this morning - last night they broke an injector body (strange, never seen/heard of this happening before) and had to leave the car outside Indy, go to the hotel, and sleep for 3 hours. In the process he left his wallet at a gas station... but called that town's police who went to the closed station and found it for him.

So this morning he's in Indy, finding a replacement injector, going to bum a ride BACK to the car outside Indy (hopefully it's still there), then go BACK 30 miles to the town where he left his wallet, then haul ass back to Indy by noon.

And it's only day two!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

He's going to be tired... hope some there pitch in to help him... I'm sure they will, yet I'm glad I'm not Jeff right now. What a story.
                  Jim T
                  Supercar Collectibles
                  www.Supercar1.com

Comment

I'm no help in Indy - but if anybody needs parts at the Milan stop - I hope to be there and can bring parts or help anyway I can.

John

seven three four
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

got an update from Jeff, he got an injector, he got his wallet, and he's firing up the car now hoping to make the track in the next 15 minutes.

He sounded kinda weary already, so if anyone sees/talks to him, cheer him on!!!

I kinda expected valvetrain issues but it seems he has that under control!
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Gooo Jeffff!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I have no idea who Jeff is,but Damn what a story! Day 2 here we come.....

Comment

Come on Jeff!! Hang in there and make us Leavenworth boys proud. We are rootin for you from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03
                              I have no idea who Jeff is,but Damn what a story! Day 2 here we come.....
                              I can tell you a little about Jeff, after spending a few hundred hours working with him on parts of his car.

-He's a thinker, not much of a talker, but he'll hear anybody's opinion.

-He's understated his own engine planning/building skills by a lot - he's got to be one of the best N/A builders out there, and he does not do it professionally.

-He does a lot of homework.

-He's a great mechanic. He's fixed other people's junk in my garage, at the dyno shop, etc. He can diagnose any problem quickly.

He has a shitty lower back from leaning over cars his whole life.

He understands chassis/suspension stuff and knows how to make a car hook!

His son TJ is 15 and a heluva navigator, and if he keeps his grades up will probably get dad's help on a kickass project car... Both of them like the pizza at the dive bar near our dyno shop. lol

He's best friends with Doc McEntyre, who is just as laid back and cool as Jeff. They've been friends and built cars together since they were in high school, from what I understand.

Here's a dyno video, not much Jeff but plenty of good music: http://www.youtube.com/dieselgeek#p/u/3/Q0WHqbcvxQg

That help?

Comment

Working...
                              X