I should be working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I should be working

I have an excuse, I'm Coasting, just got back from DW at Indy, all of the projects on my hit list are too large to finish in the time I have left today so I'll Prioritize them and think about them and which one to tackle first tomorrow or Friday or Saturday or.....

Comment

I am sick and tired of sitting around here watching you do nothing. ;)

Comment

But the things that are pressing us (at least at home, not at work) ... are things that only WE can see or care about. I'm a big fan of procrastination. Who else cares if we do it or not? Nobody. Nobody.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
          Mission first man! NCO's dont not do something because they dont want to, they get the job done because it needs to be done. If they dont, then the airmen will never be motivated by leadership and the whole thing will fall into chaos. Get off your ass and fix the stupid plane. It was different for me, because nobody in air trans wanted to be the cause of a delay on take off. That is a fate worse than death for a cargo NCO. You maint guys could delay for safety, if the part isnt there it doesnt fly, you also dont have to unload every thing, and load it up again when there is a tail swap because the 'good' plane broke. Stop the bitchin and fix the plane. If its a cargo bird dont use the lavatory so fleet service has to come back out and flush it again.

Meanwhile I sit on my ass for two hours and surf the net instead of welding three more patches in the GTO's quarter panel. At least I had lunch in that time. Now out I go to get the thing I primer tonight or else. At least I have a reason for not being motivated or working... ;)
          HA, I knew ir...SLACKER LOL!!!

I come in for a meeting at 0600, then have nothing to do for an hour and a half until the rest of the crew comes is, sometimes I go to eat or get coffee, sometimes I catch up on work/training..sometimes I screw off..it depends on whats going on...today was a screw off day...everyone needs a screw off day...even NCO's
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I just got done waxing the truck for it's long winter nap.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

I come in for a meeting at 0600, then have nothing to do for an hour and a half until the rest of the crew comes is, sometimes I go to eat or get coffee, sometimes I catch up on work/training..sometimes I screw off..it depends on whats going on...today was a screw off day...everyone needs a screw off day...even NCO's
              Ya well ya know what? I patched the entire drivers side today, whos slackin now? I had lots of screw off time in some the the APS shops, then months or years of extreme Ops tempo to deal with.. I'll take the slow days on 8 hour shifts when not deployed thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455
                Originally posted by JOES66FURY2

Ya well ya know what? I patched the entire drivers side today, whos slackin now? I had lots of screw off time in some the the APS shops, then months or years of extreme Ops tempo to deal with.. I'll take the slow days on 8 hour shifts when not deployed thanks.

Whose slakin' now....I'll tell you who...ME, this guy right here!

I am all about the slow days..my normal hours are 6 to 6 when there is a plane in the bay...so we take advantage of the down time
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                  I just got done waxing the truck for it's long winter nap.
                  It's about to be winter AGAIN. Yeah, that's a long nap.

Again, procrastination is where it's at. I'm all for a procrastinaton nation. Let's just not ever do anything EVER.

We've got it down to a fine art at Weeville. We do nothing better than anybody I've ever seen. After all, it's the easiest path of action. I mean, why not?

One of the funniest things I ever saw on Saturday Night Live was back in the original days - Jane Curtain, Dan Ackroyd, etc. The original crew, and we all ganged up at our apartment and watched it live. Party time.

The whole theme was, "The Day Nothing Happened."

They were sitting around the breakast table and the kid says, "I don't feel like going to school today."

The dad says, "Ya know what, I don't feel like going to work today, either."

So he calls in and the Big Boss says, "That's a GREAT idea. Let's just don't work today."

It rolled on and on and snowballed and the punch line of the whole routine was the giant headline in the newspaper the next day - "NOTHING HAPPENED"

A few years ago, I got to watch a rerun of that routine on the Comedy Channel. Back when it was new, that was the funniest thing I'd ever seen. Years later and the second time around, no.....that was just not so funny. It must have just been that night and the people we enjoyed it with. Ya know when somebody starts laughing, everybody else in the room will laugh, too, unless they just don't get it.

But I still think that was way funny beacuse I think of the first time I saw it, not the second time..

Comment

Well it's not going in for another month or so, but this is the last wax. ;D Coming to Nashville next month PW. You close?
                    I R Bob
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Well it's not going in for another month or so, but this is the last wax. ;D Coming to Nashville next month PW. You close?
                      PM on the way.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                        PM on the way.
                        Back at you brother. ;D
                        I R Bob

Comment

I should be working on repairing some DeWalt drills, and a IR impact ,but here i sit.

Comment

Working...
                          X