Who drives a V8 as their daily driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who drives a V8 as their daily driver

Just wondering how many of us drive V8's as our daily drivers. These would be the cars you drive 90% of the time.

My daily is my '99 Z28, so far it's been a great car, I've done a lot to it and I'm just about to hit 100,000 miles.

Re: Who drives a V8 as their daily driver

my monte was my daily driver until i blew up the engine in it and im probably going to have another v8 powered car as a daily driver pretty soon ;D

Comment

My '03 Crown Vic. I put about 40 miles a day on it. After 8 months and 6000 miles, the only thing I've had to fix were the oil cooler lines ($34.00 and 20 minutes of my time). So far it's been a great car.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Monte Carlo: 5.3 V8, about 45% of the time.
        Mirada: 318, about 50% of the time.
        Ramcharger: 360, whenever.
        Chevelle: unknown disp. SBC, sparingly.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

my s10 has 3/4 of a v8, does that count? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss
            my s10 has 3/4 of a v8, does that count? ;D
            if you make it fire twice you could claim v12 and double the hp numbers.. ya know, like everyone else. :

I gave v8 up in 1996 after disabled.. income was suddenly horrifying. At 97 cents a gallon, I spnet $4000 in fuel...

I drove so much I could hear v8s in my sleep...and my foot was moving to the throttle...

This very question, ironically, has got me wandering around the local car ads...

I seek p71.. preferably fresh off auction, needing the civilian work.

the 7k mile a year think is v8 doable...I drive less than a retired ww2 grandma.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

got a 4.8 in my Sierra and love it. wouldn't have it any other way (well, I wouldn't turn down a bigger motor, lol) but really, that little engine has plenty of spunk for a daily driver, no complaints and the mileage ain't half bad ;-)
              "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

90 formula 50 miles each way to work every day.
                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I drive a V8 (stupid work van)...... or V8 diesel (stupid work truck)..... Newport V8..... 66chevy V8 (stupid truck still in Montana)... Lemans V8 (non running hulk)..... Blazer V8 (non running not a hulk but sinking into the back yard)....

Nope no nothin but V8's here

Steve
                  Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

My wife does. Pontiac G8,it doesn't do any worse than the Regal on gas.

Comment

My new Silverado has a 5.3 with the new variable valve timing. It gets 22 on the hwy. Love it.

Comment

How about a V10? My dd is a 04 Super Duty 4x4, V10 6spd manual. I've put 14K on it since I traded my 5.4-powered F150 on it in March. I freakin' love this truck.
                        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

can only afford cavalier ....very sad

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                            Just wondering how many of us drive V8's as our daily drivers. These would be the cars you drive 90% of the time.

My daily is my '99 Z28, so far it's been a great car, I've done a lot to it and I'm just about to hit 100,000 miles.
                            I drive a Tahoe with an L31. Not as fun as an LS1, but it is a V8 daily driver.

Comment

the ram...360....gutless turd!
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X