NHRA Dave Connolly Pro Stock new sponsors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHRA Dave Connolly Pro Stock new sponsors

Press release as forwarded to us through IDG mail.

Connolly to return to Pro Stock action in Charlotte

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dave Connolly

Dave Connolly, a 21-time NHRA Pro Stock event winner, will rejoin the Pro Stock contingent at the upcoming O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Nationals in Charlotte Sept. 16-19.

Representing his first foray behind the wheel of a Pro Stock car in nearly one and a half years, Connolly's return is made possible through a joint business partnership between Industrial Distribution Group (IDG) and Makita Industrial Power Tools. The companies and the newly formed IDG Makita Power Tools Racing team will kick off their partnership in Charlotte . The deal includes multiple races in 2010 and extends into the 2011 race season. Cagnazzi Racing will serve as engine and technical supplier.

"The emotions are pretty indescribable right now," Connolly said. "Pro Stock is the class I love the most. When I wasn't driving one, I was in the stands watching them. Knowing that I'm going to get to drive a Pro Stock car again is really exciting, especially since I'll have a competitive car and the horsepower under the hood."

IDG, based in Belmont , N.C. , is a nationwide provider of industrial products and engineered solutions for manufacturing that enable customers to save money, improve productivity, and streamline processes. "Our expertise in metalworking and precision assembly strategically led us to professional drag racing, and more particularly, the Pro Stock class," said President and Chief Executive Officer Charles Lingenfelter. "To have the opportunity to partner with two proven winners such as Makita Industrial Power Tools and Dave Connolly is exciting for us and provides an excellent platform to showcase our company."

"It's awesome to be a part of a winning team with IDG and Dave Connolly," said Brent Withey, director of marketing at Makita. "With IDG and Makita's mutual focus on providing industrial solutions, it's a natural fit for a partnership both on and off the track. On the racetrack, Dave Connolly has the pure drive and passion that makes him a fan favorite, and, like Makita, Cagnazzi Racing and IDG are leaders in technology and innovation. Makita Industrial Power Tools can be found in the pits of top race teams across the U.S. , and this partnership is the next step in Makita's growing presence at the track."

About his time away from Pro Stock, Connolly said, "I learned that I have the best fans in drag racing. I haven't been to a race where someone hasn't offered encouragement or told me that I'd get back in Pro Stock. It really helps to know you have fan support even when you're out of the spotlight. I can't thank IDG and Makita enough for their support in bringing this program together."

Connolly's car will also carry associate sponsorships from Charter, Kymco, JEGS, and Speedco.

Note the name of IDG President Charlie as we call him, Johns brother.
    And you ask why do I care, well this is the company I work for.

Our suite in the dragstrip at Charlotte

A view down the track from our 3rd floor suite

Re: NHRA Dave Connolly Pro Stock new sponsors

Good for Dave. I like him. Nice looking car, too.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Makes me wanna pay attention to the drags more

Comment

steve johns and victor cagnazzi power with dave -should be good for the sport

Comment

I'm glad to hear he's back in a Pro Stock car, I'm just surprised that some Company hasn't stepped up before now. There are several great drivers in the class but Connolly is as good as it gets!

Comment

I like it when he trees WJ into next week.
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              I like it when he trees WJ into next week.
              I don't even pretend to understand Corporate sponsorships but I couldn't understand why K&N picked WJ when Connolly was available but of course WJ already had everything and was ready to roll and he did back into a win this year.

Comment

Working...
              X