No announcement yet.

NHRA Summit Div 5 ET Finals at Topeka!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHRA Summit Div 5 ET Finals at Topeka!

Originally posted by Ron Ward
    That's one of my best friends right there....Rick Schillereff. His dad (Ron) owns Crest Autobody that sponsors my Chevelle. And Ron, if you remember Jason Jeffrey from last year, Crest is the shop he used to work at ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

kool, where is the spon decal on the white whale

Comment

opel GT , my kind of import

Comment

Spidey, I gotta agree with ya!

Ron
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

You guys are going to get a kick out of this one. Steve Couch of Sidney, NE is very proud of his latest ride in a long line of Mopars. This 2009 Challenger is one of only three Drag Pak cars offered by Mopar with a 360 engine rather than a new Hemi. Steve got one, Jeff Teuton (of Cajun Flyer fame) got another and the third is holed up in a storage facility somewhere around Omaha. Maybe DG can locate it for us, huh?

Steve had to fill out EIGHT PAGES of paperwork to even qualify to get on the list to receive one of these bad machines. They just don't give these cars to anybody, so Steve had to list his Mopar racing history, which includes holding a national NHRA Stock Eliminator world record for no fewer than 10 years with his Dodge Dakota pickup! When he finally took posession, he found that the car had an engine, a shelled out Viper tranny and a FWD tag axle under the rear so it could be rolled around. He quickly loaded the car up and headed to Marlin Bogner's shop in Kearney, NE. Marlin went through the engine (which, dependent on cylinder head choice, is legal for SS/HA or F/SA, H/SA, or G/SA), built a killer A904 Torqueflite and installed an 8-3/4" rear. Mike Lupfer did the chassis and roll cage work and Dan Callahan took on the HUGE chore of wiring this beast (Steve said, "THANKS DAN!") This is an amazing hotrod and I am going to let the pics tell the story...

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

More random stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                kool, where is the spon decal on the white whale
                Back window ... class I race don't allow anything on the "body" of the car....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                X