Drunk Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drunk Driving

CONCORD, N.C. -- Pro Stock Disqualification: Pro Stock car driver Allen Johnson has been disqualified from the O'Reilly Auto Parts NHRA Nationals, it was announced today by NHRA officials. Johnson registered a .027 reading on the alcohol breath analyzer during this morning's drug and alcohol test. NHRA has a zero-tolerance policy with regard to alcohol. Any driver or official discovered to have a measurable blood alcohol content during racetrack activities shall be immediately barred from any further involvement or participation in the event. Johnson is subject to further disciplinary action as provided for in NHRA's Substance Abuse Policy. (2010 NHRA Rule Book: Section 1.7)

Re: Drunk Driving

Allen Johnson had no excuses.
    DSA_0984
    The Pro Stock driver readily admits he drank alcohol the night before a random drug test administered by a private firm for the NHRA.

Now, because he tested positive for alcohol, a .027 reading according to a statement issued by NHRA, he has been disqualified from any further participation at the NHRA O?Reilly Auto Parts Nationals at zMax Dragway in Concord, NC. Johnson is subject to further disciplinary action as provided for in NHRA's Substance Abuse Policy. (2010 NHRA Rule Book: Section 1.7)

?Who would have ever thought 11 hours after having drinks with dinner there would be a presence of alcohol in your system,? Johnson told Attitude?s CompetitionPlus.com moments after the NHRA handed down his disqualification. ?It just barely registered and the NHRA has a zero tolerance policy.?

?I understand it and we are supposed to be role models out here. I definitely feel bad about this. I wouldn?t have gone and had the test so early this morning if I would have believed it was detectable. It is what it is.?

Johnson forfeits the seventh spot in the qualified field and loses the two bonus points attained following the first session. NHRA notified Johnson and his team as they towed to the starting line for Saturday?s opening qualifying session.

Johnson confirmed he?s already been in contact with his sponsor, Mopar Performance, who had offered their driver support in the situation.

?Mopar knows we are a great role model for the kids and the other racers in the country,? Johnson said. ?I?m sure everyone involved goes out to dinner and has a cocktail or two, it?s unfortunate and Mopar stands behind us. They are our sponsor and something like this is an unfortunate incident.?

Johnson understands the magnitude of the situation and regrets it transpired.

?I would just like to say I?m sorry,? Johnson offered. ?Hopefully this won?t blow our championship chances and we will be back in Dallas. I?m human. I had 24 hours to go take the test and I went over there first thing this morning without anything to eat or drink. The remnants of last night came back. It wasn?t like I was drinking and driving.?

Comment

re-post
      sigpic

Comment

so

Comment

You mom wears army boots

j/k .. I'm sure your mother is a wonderful person , god bless her ..
          sigpic

Comment

hee hee
            allen should not drink at all
            I don't drink , why should he , put it in the racecar or pay his dad more to build those motors

Comment

lLet Jesus judge

Edwards dropped a dime and I'm sticking with that story

Spidey don't you have some kittens to kick ?
              sigpic

Comment

how about some calculations... .how drunk was he the night before to blow a .027? presuming he's truthful (no reason not to think so) that he drank until 11 hours before - a reasonably healthy person loses .015 point of alcohol every hour = .165+.027 = .192 BAC .... however, BAC goes up for at least an hour after you drank so he was at least at a .21 11 hours prior to the race...... Most people who drink socially pass out at .18 or so.... so, I'm sorry Mr. Johnson, you really do need to stop drinking... especially when you didn't think you were too bad the night before.....

as for judging... sure, I'm judging by saying he has a drinking problem and should get help - he seems like a nice guy that I'd rather not see him die of alcohol related diseases.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't have a drinking problem. In fact I have no problem drinking. I pour it in and it goes right down. No problem.

There's a huge difference in perception across the ranks of folks who do or who don't drink. Those who drink never hold a grudge against those who don't. It always goes the other way.

But I don't drive a racing machine and show up and blow an .027 on race day morning. That by itself is simply irresponsible. You gotta have some sense about it.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Should've had a mint.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

he was right, a few hours later he'd blow zero..... oh well, he'll get alcohol classes that will teach him how not to do this again (it'll teach him those calculations).
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

must have been the bourbon

Comment

You can get away with a blood alcohol level of .080 and still drive a car LEGALLY on the street, but if you blow a quarter of that your Disqualified from the NHRA?? I say it is a bunch of BS, who's to say he didn't use mouth wash before the test, which would register about the same on the Breathalyzer.

To me it's just another reason to hate the NHRA.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                            Should've had a mint.
                            He should have done "deep breathing" exercises. I had to do a breathalyzer a long time ago, my first blow was .097 which was under the DWI limit of .1, then the cop tells me I'll be back in 10 minutes to do a second test. So I started doing some deep breathing, I would take deep breaths and blow them ALL the way out, and then suck in as much air as I could in and then blow it all out again. When the officer came back and I did my second blow the reading was .074 which was under the limit for a DUI. It also was to much of a difference between blows that they had to drop the charges. This is also the time I decided that I was done with drinking driving. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              must have been the bourbon
                              Could have been the champagne.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X