• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drunk Driving

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    must have been the bourbon
    Could have been the champagne.
    Either way, alcohol is LEGAL and thus shouldn't be hated. And this ZERO tolerance BS has to go, NO BODY is perfect. And that is what the whole zero tolerance BS is all about. Making people feel they are better than others. F'n Snobs. :

Comment

Yes, alcohol is legal, but only in fuel cells during an NHRA race. Rules are rules, and I'd want the driver next to me to be sober and coherent if I was driving on that level. I'm really not sure why I responded to this, because arguing with you is like talking to a stump :D.
      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Yes, alcohol is legal, but only in fuel cells during an NHRA race. Rules are rules, and I'd want the driver next to me to be sober and coherent if I was driving on that level. I'm really not sure why I responded to this, because arguing with you is like talking to a stump :D.
        Why would you want to argue with me?? There's no need for that. ;)

I'm just saying that the "research" has shown that every day working people are ok to drive with a blood alcohol level of .080 or less. That even goes for heavy machinery, boating and everything else. Now NRHA drivers are suppose to be "professional" drivers that should basically drive circles around the every day Joe(no disrespect Joe ;)) driver, but they are going to get banned from the sport for having an alcohol level that is 1/4 of the legal limit?? And at that how long until the race was going to start?? According to BuickGuy, in a couple of hours he'd be blowing Zero.

And at that do you really think that a blood alcohol level of .027 is going to impair his judgment??, that is like drinking a 1/2 a can of beer. :

Live and Learn, I guess.

Comment

Lawmakers have decided it is safe to drive with a BAC under .080. Research has shown that any amount of alcohol in your system affects your reflexes, coordination, and judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
            You can get away with a blood alcohol level of .080 and still drive a car LEGALLY on the street, but if you blow a quarter of that your Disqualified from the NHRA?? I say it is a bunch of BS, who's to say he didn't use mouth wash before the test, which would register about the same on the Breathalyzer.

To me it's just another reason to hate the NHRA.
            How many times has the NHRA's fearless leader been popped??? It's been a few,guess that does'nt matter.

Comment

If the lively discussion is about an arguable alcohol level, you might as well stage up to the lights while talking on a cell phone. The reaction time is just about the same as an .08 BAL, talking on the phone.

As Matt said, do you want the person in the next lane to have ANY alcohol going on?
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

nhra should seize his property , like the not very constitutional policew and da's do all the time

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                  If the lively discussion is about an arguable alcohol level, you might as well stage up to the lights while talking on a cell phone. The reaction time is just about the same as an .08 BAL, talking on the phone.

As Matt said, do you want the person in the next lane to have ANY alcohol going on?
                  Hey a shot of alcohol may settle the nerves. ;)

Comment

Drinking problem?

Hell, I haven't had a drinking problem since they invented the funnel!

;D

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Just a point of clarification for everyone - .08 is the level at which you are presumed intoxicated and unable to operate a vehicle. People can, do, and will get DUIs for any level of any substance... .02, if the officer believes the subject is impaired, will result in a DUI.

And TC (I can't believe I'm agreeing with you) you're right, there are studies that show that alcoholics can have a higher level of alcohol (then .08) in their system and still be able to function.... again, back to presumptions - the presumption is, and it can be rebutted.... although, I've yet to hear anyone successfully arguing that they were capable of driving at a higher level.... I did once hear of a case where the subject was riding a horse, and the horse knew the way home - therefore, he was not (at law) operating a vehicle... he won too..
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                        You can get away with a blood alcohol level of .080 and still drive a car LEGALLY on the street, but if you blow a quarter of that your Disqualified from the NHRA?? I say it is a bunch of BS, who's to say he didn't use mouth wash before the test, which would register about the same on the Breathalyzer.

To me it's just another reason to hate the NHRA.
                        Another reason to hate the NHRA? Based on what? How many NHRA races to you attend a year, let alone race in?

This rule has been in place for sometime now, like it or not, and it's probably not going to change anytime soon. His judgment had to be slightly impaired at least or he wouldn't have taken the test so early. Actually I'm supprised more people don't get caught....I'm not trying to pass judgment because I don't know him and I think it's a bad deal all the way around.
                        They can actually test any crew member that signs a waiver too, but I don't think they do this often, as anyone that's been to Brainerd can attest to, lol.
                        Originally posted by TC
                        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

DWAI used to be the plea bargain down from dwi

no drink no drugs or no dice

Comment

DWAI used to be the plea bargain down from dwi

no drink no drugs or no dice
                            I don't think you have the option of a plea bargin with the NHRA, an appeal maybe, but in this case the race is over.
                            Originally posted by TC
                            also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

must have been the bourbon
                              Could have been the champagne.
                              ♫ could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin, could have been the 3 or 4 six packs I don't know but look at the shape I'm in ...♫ :D
                              "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

I'm sorry, but if the NHRA knows the formula that buick listed and it was x amount of hours before that driver will hit the track. and they know he'd be at zero at that point. they are just being asses, and only taking out a team for no good reason. I'm sure all the drivers are in bed at 7pm and are angels..
                                the fact that he said he was out and could've had the test done later, say's alot , cause if he was out to "beat the rules" he'd just take the test later..
                                and that no tol. rule , is great, but if you're gonna have that rule.. have them blow before they get into the car, not hours beforehand..
                                cause I'm sure the NHRA brass are angels and had nothing the night before either.. right,
                                rrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhtttttttttttttt..
                                it's an aloc blood level test, doesn't take long to get the reading like a drug test.. and can and should bedone before the driver get on the track, but not hours before,
                                they knowing the formula should've retested him before the race. cause if he was truthfull and was only drinking the night before, it be a blow of zero at that time and be a non issue on the track..
                                and yes this is another reason to hate the NHRA. and I'm not a mopar fan,and not a drinker..one shot of Jameson and I'm out, nighty night

Comment

Working...
                                X