X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese Car Crash Test Videos.

Originally posted by dieselgeek
    Um, I can see real easily why so many other countries think of us as imperialist jerks. Newsflash, it's less safe travelling abroad as a US Citizen now than is was on September 12th 2001 and there's a reason for that.
    And what does that have to do with cheaply built Chinese cars or outsourceing manufacturing to third world nations?

This is an interesting topic. I would hate to see it get ruined by people's personal views on U.S. politics - because that's what always happens. And eventually the thread will be an argument divided between two groups of people with opposing extreme viewpoints.

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
      Um, I can see real easily why so many other countries think of us as imperialist jerks. Newsflash, it's less safe travelling abroad as a US Citizen now than is was on September 12th 2001 and there's a reason for that.
      And what does that have to do with cheaply built Chinese cars or outsourcing manufacturing to third world nations?
      Quit trying to single me out. You need to be asking that question to the guy above me, who I was responding to.

This is an interesting topic. I would hate to see it get ruined by people's personal views on U.S. politics - because that's what always happens. And eventually the thread will be an argument divided between two groups of people with opposing extreme viewpoints.
      and thus, why these threads are totally stupid to begin with. /thread anyone?
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Seeing some poorly designed piece of junk turned to total carnage is just too funny untill somebody looses an eye .
        I got ridiculed at work one time by an indignant employee for throwing a junk vcr out of the upper lunchroom window and then squashing it in the 100 ton press . "It was a yard sale item" We were all having a good laugh and he was the only one that didnt get it . (Stern look)>
        We have the free choice for what we buy most of the time and I would try not to let someone I love drive some death trap piece of junk that kills them . I had a younger brother who was killed at 18 yrs old in an 89 mustang gt but that "does not" mean it was the cars fault either .
        Some things just suck , so you try to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto
          Now don't you feel better... I knew along that was what was on your mind.
          thanks for playing along.
          we now return you to your original topic.....Chinese cars
          Oh yeah, that... they're crap! ANybody disagree?
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
            So how do you suppose we address people trying to blow up our skyscrapers if not the "War on Terror".
            My suggestion? I *guarantee* if you want me to actually sit and think about it, I could find a way to do it more effectively for $600 Billion, if you are asking a serious question.

Just sit back and hope they quit?

and that's how I know you weren't asking a serious question.
            My point, although made with a little sarcasm, is this: if you are going to criticize the War on Terror perhaps you would like to make a suggestion on what would be a better way to handle the situation in lieu of the war on terror. Actually, my choice would have been that Pres. Clinton would have blown Osama Bin Laden to bits when he had the chance. Maybe that would have been cheaper . . . and I wonder how many Osama Bin Ladens we've "taken care of" in years past before they did that kind of damage . . .

By the way, doing anything is going to cost a ton of money if that is your concern. So would doing nothing -- an attack like 9/11 could easily cost our economy in excess of $600B. So you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. At least a $600B war is $600B stimulating our economy (the defense contractors I know are doing quite well). Ever studied Macroeconomics? Interesting stuff.

Comment

Well Eric, since you want to talk War on Terror.

First off, the war in Iraq is NOT a war on terror. YOu may have forgotten, we're there because Saddam Hussein "is manufacturing and planning to use Weapons of Mass Destruction"

The war in Afghanistan is a "war on terror" - we spent this much money and still can't find Osama Bin Laden? Really??

how about we start another thread, this is just going to turn into everyone calling me a stupid hippie liberal (even though I voted for Bush the FIRST time) while they bitch and moan about every chinese person is a piece of crap because the new snap on wrenches are made in china etc.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm not gonna get into a pissing match about terrorism,
                politics, etc...

...but as a tech who works on it all, I dispise Chinese, and Korean
                cars for that matter. Their may be some that are ok, but as a whole,
                they are poorly designed, and assembled even worse.
                say what you wish, I don't care for the engineering on many of
                the later model US made cars either, but not to the same extent.
                Scott, you know I respect you ALOT, but I disagree with you on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                  I'm not gonna get into a pissing match about terrorism,
                  politics, etc...

...but as a tech who works on it all, I dispise Chinese, and Korean
                  cars for that matter. Their may be some that are ok, but as a whole,
                  they are poorly designed, and assembled even worse.
                  say what you wish, I don't care for the engineering on many of
                  the later model US made cars either, but not to the same extent.
                  Scott, you know I respect you ALOT, but I disagree with you on this one.
                  what are you disagreeing with me on? sounds like I am being pigeonholed, I never said all things korean or chinese are superior to anything American. Which I find interesting about this whole "us versus them" thing - most people don't even know what it is they're cheering/rooting for or against. They seem to enjoy the game more than anything else.

Comment

I'm speaking of Chinese cars, and many of the cheaper tools
                    on the market.
                    Dude, I would never give you crap. That's just not me.
                    I just don't care for many of the products I see, in my field of
                    work that are chinese made, not all, but most.

Comment

• Re: Chinese Car Crash Test Videos.

Originally posted by min301
                      I'm speaking of Chinese cars, and many of the cheaper tools
                      on the market.
                      Dude, I would never give you crap. That's just not me.
                      I just don't care for many of the products I see, in my field of
                      work that are chinese made, not all, but most.

do you buy snap on tools

Comment

Some.

I know, some of their stuff is made there.

Comment

this thread has totaly turned into a gang bang on diesel about all the wrong shit just because some people read faster than what they can comprehend. now like was said earlier if you really want to gang up on a person and talk about their views on political crap yes crap it has no place on a message board then start a different thread or email eachother but do hijack a thread about funny ass chinese cars than turn into something unrecognizable after it crashes.

Comment

...sigh...

It's really too bad this topic has gone this way, because, as a society we need to discuss and correct the trade imbalances we have with places like China...or we are doomed to continue the path we are on now. This is not like the cars and electronics from Japan over the past 40 years. This is each and every thing we purchase as consumers.

To put this in the proper perspective for this particular message board: Most car guys come from middle class blue collar backgrounds. The middle class is quickly being eliminated...why do you suppose that is? And what do you suppose will happen when there is none left?

As far as "ganging up" on the diesel geek guy is concerned, well - I submit that it is he that started dragging racism and politics into the conversation. Topics that had nothing to do with the subject...

Saying things like:

while they bitch and moan about every chinese person is a piece of crap because the new snap on wrenches are made in china etc.
                            No-body here has said anything against the Chinese people - who are for the most part honest, hard working people living under a totalitarian regime. But the reality is that there are real problems with the government in China and the scruples of a system that allows theft of other's designs, antifreeze in toothpaste and melamine in pet food...

And then there is this gem:
                            Which I find interesting about this whole "us versus them" thing - most people don't even know what it is they're cheering/rooting for or against.

Most of us know quite well what we are "rooting for", it's the preservation of our way of life.

Anyways - enough of this for me - time to go back to enjoying some conversation about cars.

Comment

All I saw is let's see some more crap get bashed- I don't care who makes it. And I would love to see you smashing that VCR in the press ;D
                              sigpic

Comment

OK...personal and political...over.

Comment

Working...
                                X