quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question

did edelbrock ever make centerbolt aftermarket heads? im looking at a truck that supposedly has edelbrock's but they have centerbolt valve covers on them so im not sure. thanks!

Re: quick question

I believe Edelbrock E-Tec Vortec-style heads are center bolt heads, just like OEM Vortec heads.

Comment

Originally posted by daved931
      I believe Edelbrock E-Tec Vortec-style heads are center bolt heads, just like OEM Vortec heads.
      are older ones centerbolt though? i dont think the truck has e-tec's on it because it seems like an older buildup

Comment

Scoggin Dickie did a mess of vortec heads in the day maybe the owner is mistaken on the maker (modifier)
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

eddy marks the ends with their trademark script
          could be the 1986 style corvette aluminum heads - those used to be available for cheap in the day

Corvette heads

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
            eddy marks the ends with their trademark script
            could be the 1986 style corvette aluminum heads - those used to be available for cheap in the day

Corvette heads
            ya, i asked the seller if they were aluminum older vette heads and i asked for a pic of the script on the front and he told me. "i cant get a picture of the front of the heads because the accessories are in the way" ... :

Comment

didnt that all start with the one piece seal engines.. early 90s?

I can only see them as black and iron, and on a pickup...many of them. unless my memory is faded?

..and they were cheap and leaked. I remember that. ???
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

1 piece RMS was 1980's on Chevrolets. 1986?

L31 Vortec heads didn't appear until 1996. I hadn't thought about the L98 Vette heads. Those had the center bolt valve covers as well.

Comment

L31 Vortec heads didn't appear until 1996. I hadn't thought about the L98 Vette heads. Those had the center bolt valve covers as well.
                  ya, i asked the seller if they were L98 corvette heads and i asked for a pic of the edelbrock script on the front of the heads and he replied with "i cant get a picture of the front of the heads because the accessories are in the way" and then i asked him if he was 100% sure they were edelbrock's and he replied "yes, i paid 900 for the heads and intake as a package when i bought them" so, im thinking theyre vette heads or some other cheap aluminum heads

Comment

Originally posted by 1988montecarloss

ya, i asked the seller if they were L98 corvette heads and i asked for a pic of the edelbrock script on the front of the heads and he replied with "i cant get a picture of the front of the heads because the accessories are in the way" and then i asked him if he was 100% sure they were edelbrock's and he replied "yes, i paid 900 for the heads and intake as a package when i bought them" so, im thinking theyre vette heads or some other cheap aluminum heads
                    he might have holley heads and intake.. they sold it as a kit(heads intake,cam) as did eddy. and yes it is hard to take a clear pic with the assbrackets in the way..

the one piece seal is 86 as is the center covers..
                    why you hung up on them being edddy's or not..
                    if they are g.m. profromance or vette heads all the better

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

he might have holley heads and intake.. they sold it as a kit(heads intake,cam) as did eddy. and yes it is hard to take a clear pic with the assbrackets in the way..

all ive heard about L98 vette heads is bad, thats why im hung up on them being eddy's or not

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

all ive heard about L98 vette heads is bad, thats why im hung up on them being eddy's or not
                        thats from whom, those heads where top stuff in their day, you hear bad now because the newer stuff is better,
                        it be like talking about a vortec head and an ls head..
                        nothing wrong with the vette heads..

Comment

those heads are pretty good , that mercury flies , on the car FIFTEEN years , no trouble

are they as good as track ones ? no , but all those ZZZ ZZ4 motors make 345 hp with them

Comment

the center bolts didn't come out on truck and passenger car until 87

1986 valve covers

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              the center bolts didn't come out on truck and passenger car until 87
                              I've seen late 86 SS g bodys that say otherwise

Comment

Working...
                              X