Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away this morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away this morning.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2010/09/lynyrd_skynyrd_inspiration_leo.html

This man will be remembered for generations.

Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away this morning.

link won't open..
    and what member died

Comment

The guy they named the band after
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        link won't open..
        and what member died
        quick look at the address makes it easy to fix and find:
        JACKSONVILLE, Florida -- Leonard Skinner, the basketball coach and gym teacher who inspired the name of the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, died today in Florida, his daughter said. He was 77.

No member died. Leonard Skinner, teacher that gave the members of the band trouble for having long hair, died at age 77. He had Alzheimers - RIP.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm die hard 60's rock n roll but
          it's hard to be Free bird

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            link won't open..
            and what member died
            JACKSONVILLE, Florida -- Leonard Skinner, the basketball coach and gym teacher who inspired the name of the Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd, died today in Florida, his daughter said. He was 77.

No member died. Leonard Skinner, teacher that gave the members of the band trouble for having long hair, died at age 77. He had Alzheimers - RIP.
            Good lookup Diesel! Yeah, RIP.

There are so many things about that era in music. I was there if not in the audience physically, at least in the fanship.

And there were other bands named after stuff and people. That was the going thing back then. There was the one-hit-pony band, the Beaver Brown Band. I don't know if it's true, but legend has it somebody (their agent?) locked them in a garage and said they couldn't get out until they had a name for the band. So one of them found a can of paint on a shelf in the garage - color, Beaver Brown.

And Marshall Tucker, that was another one. I think that name came from a person not in the band, I may very well stand corrected. It just comes to mind.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

You scared the crap outta me with that title I looooove Skynyrd; seen 'em twice in concert. Shame I never got to see the original group.
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Quite a many few years ago back when Colonel Sanders was a buck private, I played in a very small band. In fact, we never played out. Couldn't stop arguing long enough to get our grits together. I hate musicians, which means I hate me, too, I guess. But I'm not a musician, I'm a player. I hate all the artsy fartsy stuff that goes with it. No, we couldn't meet in the middle as to what we were supposed to play.

Like the scene from Sling Blade. Remember that one with the band playing outside and disturbing the neighbors? Classic. Been there, done that.

But the omnipotent "Band Leader" in my case absolutely worshipped Skynyrd.

My take then and now is: Don't play Skynyrd in the band if you are not them. You can't do it. It's simple shit, but you can't sound like them and you are NOT them. Likewise, do not ever try a Hendrix song for any drunk reason and for God's sake don't try to cover a Stevie Ray song. Nobody can. Seen lots of bar bands try to do it.......I think that's why I don't play any more.

Mr. Skinner, rest in peace and know in your rest that your influence is felt the world over.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thanks for fixing the link, Diesel. I should have checked it before posting, but was in a hurry, got a new set of pistons today for the motor I'm building and wanted to get started. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                    link won't open..
                    and what member died

While sad that someone dies, I think oak trees are having a sigh of relief.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

See, this is the issue I have with cover bands. I mean, ok, fine, party band at some bar in some party location, what ever.
                      This weekend, I was at a regional car show, freezing my ass off, and in the beer garden they had a stage set up, and some band, was just wrenching out anything, and I mean anything they I think they felt like covering.
                      We are talking Journey to Aerosmith.
                      I was like stop the insanity, like being forced to watch two yoda prius drag racing...

I lack the talent to technically play anything but the air guitar, and even then I am suctacular.
                      I leave the music to people who can at least play stuff.

Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

RIP

Love Lynyrd Skynyrd, used their music in a couple videos I made;

My Broken Truck

Part 1 Weber Carb on a LUV w music

Part 2 Weber Carb on LUV w music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLCgoFp3mkIPart 1 Weber Carb on LUV no music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f2DqrEQCcPart 2...

Comment

Working...
                        X