No announcement yet.

Summers bros, 45 yr old record falls !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summers bros, 45 yr old record falls !

the long standing 409 mph record just fell this morning at Mike Cook jr's Top speed challenge at bonneville!

The Spirit of Rhett team of Charles Nerburg driving two way average of 414 mph 3 hours ago. follow along with the fun at www.landracing.com

Congrats Charles and the entire team.

poteet and mains is still in the hunt as well as the nish team, and spectra streamliner. chould get interesting!
    Reading , Pa
    Good Guys rodders rep.
    "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Re: Summers bros, 45 yr old record falls !

Let's see...if their record lasted 45 years, then the rear axles they made (in my 55) should last a long time too?

Great job Spirit of Rhett!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

:o
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

i would KILL to be there now! even though Im a Burklands fan!
        Reading , Pa
        Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Bigtime congrats to Spirit of Rhett team!
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Wow, too cool.

Does anyone know if this meet is open to spectators? I know it's a private meet.

I think it might be worth the while to go out there to watch the big hitters.

Comment

Yeah... it would be fine.... Tell Mikie we said HEY....

K

Comment

Congrats to all involved.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
                  x2
                  but just think it took 45 years of technology to pass it..
                  imagine what they'd be able to do today if with the equipment and materials avail. today

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                    Originally posted by DanStokes

Dan
                    x2
                    but just think it took 45 years of technology to pass it..
                    imagine what they'd be able to do today if with the equipment and materials avail. today
                    Just to try and put some of this in perspective.....

The Summers Bros. had 4 engines & 4 wheel drive. The engines were normally aspirated. The record was also set under FIA rules which allow for a longer approach to the timed mile.
                    Most of the cars that have run faster since have been blown and run on a shorter Bonneville National course, until this week. The cars running at the Cook Shootout are running on FIA rules and have about a 4 1/2 mile run to the measured mile. The Spirit of Rett & The Nish 'liners are both single engine, normally aspirated, 2 wheel drive cars. Spirit runs gasoline, carbs & about a 200 shot of the bottle. Nish runs alky & nitro, not sure how much, maybe 40%?
                    There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

neat stuff!!!
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Originally posted by Dynoroom

The Summers Bros. had 4 engines & 4 wheel drive. The engines were normally aspirated. The record was also set under FIA rules which allow for a longer approach to the timed mile.
                        Most of the cars that have run faster since have been blown and run on a shorter Bonneville National course, until this week. The cars running at the Cook Shootout are running on FIA rules and have about a 4 1/2 mile run to the measured mile. The Spirit of Rett & The Nish 'liners are both single engine, normally aspirated, 2 wheel drive cars. Spirit runs gasoline, carbs & about a 200 shot of the bottle. Nish runs alky & nitro, not sure how much, maybe 40%?
                        Great info Mike, thanks for that!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          Originally posted by Dynoroom

Great info Mike, thanks for that!
                          The Spirit of Rett car is a tribute to Rett Nearburg (son of the owner/driver who unfortunately passed away a few years ago). Explore this humble website: http://www.rett.org/remembrance/index.html

My wife (artistic guru) says the kid's art was very very good. Sorry for the thread downturn but, I thought some people would like to know what the car's name is about.

-Scott
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

D/G, I wanted to post that link when I posted it, but in my rush to post I forgot. Thank You.

I know Isaid it a bunch of times. But Way to go guys!
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.

Comment

Working...
                            X