GRUMPY UPDATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRUMPY UPDATE

Bill Jenkins has been in the hospital. He did have an operation to drain excess blood from his brain. Even though the technology is amazing and the success rate impressive, the first 24 hours following this surgery are dicey. He's through that and back in his room. Therapy will start soon. Recovery is a process and let us pray he travels that road as he traveled the quarter-mile, a winner!
    Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Re: GRUMPY UPDATE

I guess "Da Grump" is human after all.
    He can whip this stroke!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I just hope he doesn't end up a vegetable, I would rather die than have to live life like that.

But then, we only live to die and we all have a day that that will happen.

So live life to the fullest and don't worry about what other people think or say.

Because in the end your just another piece of sand on the beach. ;)

Comment

Another update

Jenkins recovering from subdural hematoma procedure
        Wednesday, September 22, 2010
        by John Jodauga, National DRAGSTER Associate Editor

Legendary drag racer Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins, is currently recovering from a subdural hematoma procedure that took place Sept.9.

Jenkins' wife, Polly, said, "Bill's blood pressure and other vital signs are good at this point, he is bright and alert, and we are currently weaning him off of various other medications. I would like to point out that contrary to unauthorized information that has been posted on the internet, Bill did not suffer a stroke. We want to thank Bill's many fans for their well wishes."

Jenkins, who was voted No. 8 on the list of NHRA's Top 50 Drivers during the NHRA 50th Anniversary celebration in 2001, is renowned as one of the most influential figures in drag racing's doorslammer categories, including Stock, Super Stock, and Pro Stock eliminators.

After initially gaining fame as an engine builder for many of the East Coast's top Jr. Stock entries, Jenkins began driving and won his first event with a Stock eliminator triumph at the 1965 Winternationals, followed by a Super Stock win at the 1967 U.S. Nationals. When the Pro Stock category was introduced in 1970, Jenkins won the first national event for the new eliminator at the 1970 Winternationals.

He enjoyed his greatest season in 1972, when he drove his small block Chevy-powered Vega to six victories in eight national events that year. Jenkins remained active in the development of Pro Stock engines, and it was one of his powerplants that was used by Dave Connolly to record his first career Pro Stock victory at Brainerd in 2004. The "Grump" most recently appeared at the 50th Annual NHRA Winternationals, where he joined many other drag racing legends to talk and sign autographs for the fans.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

hope he pulls through..

Comment

Me too.

He's to grumpy to give up. He'll be back.
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
            X