Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on some health anniversaries

Lee -
    Get a good cardiologist and get your prostate checked. There are no 100% guarantees in life but if the docs know about it they can usually do something about it. I had no family history of heart probs and no symptoms and then - BAM - major heart attack and I now have 3/4 of a functional heart. If I'd been getting examined they could have put stents in those arteries BEFORE I lost heart function and my life would be ton better. On the other hand, I got the butt-o-scope and they found some pre-cancerous polyps. Removed and all is well - they told be to come back in 10 years at the last exam. What I'm saying is that you can DO something about these issues - you just have to do it.

Dan

Comment

Lee, I hope you like those books based in the Star Wars universe cause thats what it is. A buddy and me were reading a bunch of them and although we liked them, we thought they were lacking in some serious action. We got to talking and next thing I know I was without sleep for days writing. I have entire story line and outline and about twelve chapters done the old fashioned way with a typewriter.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, I've read quite a few of the Star Wars books, some were good and others, well, were lacking a decent plot and just couldn't stay interested. Let me know when it's finished and I'll check it out.

Dan, I know you're right about going to see a doc and get the tests done. I just don't like doctors and as for anything with a sharp point headed my way, forget it, I'll suffer. I had a complete checkup in 1998 and everything was perfect including heart. I know that doesn't mean much 12 years later, but a guy can hope, right?

Comment

I think, at some time, we all begin to think about
          our mortality and life's bucket list.

At 61 I feel damn good and mentally I'm still 18.
          I work out everyday.

I've gone through two bone tumors, urine tract surgery, got a piece
          of mesh in the middle of my stomach and numerous spots burned
          off of my face.

I'm real pro active with my health........annual physical includes blood work,
          trip to the dermatologist and urologist.

The 409/'55 Chevy project was my ultimate project......until I got it
          done. :D

Life is like riding a bicycle.
          You don't fall off unless you plan to stop peddling.
          Just keep on peddling........ :D
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Your obviously not getting enough lap dances. :D seriously.......more lap dances fixes anything.

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

At age 27 one would not think about such things. My dad's death at 42 started the concern, and being shot at a lot sealed it. I get checked for my own health, but bet that I ramp it up when there's someone else who is concerned about my health as much as I am..
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

now 46 , wish it was something other than my foot , I really can't work like that , so now I am disabled , oh well , got my toe cut off last year and that was a close one with nasty infections
                my dad is 74 , survived throat cancer , just had a triple bypass , having recovery issues

Comment

what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger..
                  Jim..
                  this too will pass

Comment

It's been about 8 months since they removed that golf ball sized cyst out of my neck. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                    X