Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else experiencing a gnat problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else experiencing a gnat problem?

These aren't the run-of-the-mill fruit variety that lazily fly into smacking range. These are little mother f*ers that assault with fly-bys and hit the ground RUNNING. There's one booking across the screen right now. They're there when I'm watching American Pickers, they're there when I'm reading HR Deluxe in the study. I've stopped trying to swat them since hiding broken stuff from the wife lost its appeal and the self-inflicted nosebleed/broke glasses fiasco

Re: Anyone else experiencing a gnat problem?

not many bugs where I am.. in fact I enjoy seeing a rare house fly.
    ;D

I inherited a dell dimesion 2400.. took off the cover, of course full of dust. Started cleaning.. and there it was. A textbook bed bug.. made a mansion out of a dell.

keep those fan running.. if it means low speed versus off. Dell computers and I.. its like five main bearing boxers and I...one engine just keeps on running because it is common sense to do so.

I ponder what kind of critters are gonna start roaming, the global warming stuff can even create super viruses out of arctic melt...
    My first hint was a typical garden spider that bit me in 2006, north central maine.. and it was poisonous.. I even had the aches of venom for weeks. (textbook definition)Amazing.. no info to find except for the innocent picture of the "non-poisonous" spider that almost killed me.

watch out for those little flying blood suckers..
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Oddjob,

Check and make sure you don't have some fruit in the fruit bowl that may have drawn some fruit flies. Pesky little buggers and they look like gnats and behave as you have described.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Yes, and we've named ours. They are ironhead, tubbed camaro, spidey, etc, etc, etc. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

it was too easy. I had to do it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Anything that flies into my place has to deal with the cat. The furball is relentless and flies dont stand a chance.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            The furball is relentless
            THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Boxer: Bedbugs! Thought I had 'em but it turned out I was getting bit by mosquitos during the day and discovering the itching madness in the middle of the night. Almost had the wife convinced of the "infestation". Spent $150 online for the cedar oil spray I didn't need. BTW,works for spiders too.

Ron: Been rinsing the soda and beer cans we recycle and store in the kitchen since winter. We had the fruit fly-palooza last summer in the house and I got very adept at killing those little buggers. They're hover-ers. The technique I incorporated with them is to wet my hands at the sink, disturb them at their feasting grounds, and if the clap don't kill 'em they find themselves stuck to my wet hands and extermination is swift. This new breed don't drink beer and are HUSTLERS. They all out JAM. I've been looking for that forgotten rotting 10 lbs potato sack and I'm not finding. And unfortunately in this household if you find a piece of fruit it's wax.

Beagle: See above. These aren't critters I've dealt with yet. It's a new breed. Think they run on ethanol.

Chad: That's funny. I've noticed them too. Was wondering what was up. I suspect THEY'RE the result of empty beer cans.

Reb: Any chance you can lend me the cat? I promise to return it with a full stomach. After all it's not like the third drawer down in my tool box is full of unreturned borrowed tools. Really.

Comment

Working...
              X