Goliath's new shoes showed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goliath's new shoes showed up!

More details to come in the blog item, but thanks to the fine folks at Firestone's commercial tire division, Goliath has six new sneakers! These babies are actually bigger than what's on the truck, so it is going to actually pick up an inch or three in height. The increased diameter will also really fill out the wheel wells, which looks great IMHO. I have just mocked them up to get a look and I think it is bad ass.

You don't realize how BIG these tires are until you (a) try to lift them and (b) see them with something next to them as a height reference. In the bottom photo, my son Tom is on the left. He's 45 inches tall and barely squeaks over the top of the thing! We were going to load little Jack inside the thing but my wife put a stop to that. :D

That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Goliath's new shoes showed up!

I'm lovin' the Randy Moss jersey!
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Taller tires should give you more top end!!

Funny how new tires geeks us out, while most of the world just doesnt care what the hell tires they put on there cars.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I had a girl in High School ask me what the deal was with guys and tires. I replied it was similar to women and shoes. If I had an extra building and the $$$, I'd have as many sets of tires ready to go as my wife does shoes.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

What's better than used car shopping?....tire shopping of course. Where's the smell-o-vision when you need it?

Good choice Bruab!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
            What's better than used car shopping?....tire shopping of course. Where's the smell-o-vision when you need it?

Good choice Bruab!
            Dude, that's what I'm talking about....the smell of fresh rubber is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

When Firestone said that they wanted to help out with the tires, I scoured their commerical catalogs for the chunkiest rear tires I could find. They have some off-highway tires with more agressive lugs but not in the 10R size I needed. Those big guys will look GOOD doubled up on the back!

Brian

Comment

With a traction lock, you will be unstopable!

Awesome stuff.....can't wait to see them mounted up, they really do fill the wheelwells.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

In my best imitation of the dudes in the pacer.... SCHWING!

Nice work!

I LOVE the Firestone script in big letters on the sidewall - an American icon for sure.

These things will make the truck ride better than a new one - nothing like a new set of tires to wake up an older vehicle and make it feel new again.

I'm guessing those are load range G? heavy as three mofo's. May not be a bad idea to invest in a set of RV tire covers - the sun will kill them long before you mileage them out!

SWEEET!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Load range F man, ONLY 5,150lbs per tire. :D
                  Good call on the tire covers, I didn't think of that.

It will be interesting to see how they effect the top end. Maybe I'll pick up an mph or three.

Brian

Comment

Awesome score! Great pictures too I still say if it were mine I'd stick with the single rear wheel, duals make it look like the big truck it is, singles will make it look like a regular truck that is ridicoulously large :D
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Nice tires Brian.

Do you think you might have a clearance problem in the rear, that one pick of the rear tires looks awfully close to the bed.

But then I assume that the rear end doesn't squat that much. ;)

Comment

If you think those buggers are big to muscle around, play with some 11R24.5 20ply for awhile lol.

Glad to see 'stone sent you FS 560 steer rubber, they don't have the rain rib on the outside tread bar, which hold stones causing the tread to chew up and feather. I use the same model on all my trucks for work, you will be happy.

Look into the balance stuff we talked about, it's a good investment, and since they fell from the sky, and not from your wallet, all the more reason to make'um last. I say to use LOTS of your favorite brand of tire shine to fight off the effects of UV rays. Keep'um clean and coated, and weather checking, dry rot won't be a problem.

Don't be afraid to run the rears at 60ish PSI either, you got a light load, and the ride will be more forgiving.

Good Luck!!!
                        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

TARS! (That's what we call 'em here). What do you put in 'em? ARR!

Great score. How come no body never sends me nothin'?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
                            TARS! (That's what we call 'em here). What do you put in 'em? ARR!

Great score. How come no body never sends me nothin'?

Dan
                            Sounds like you got a bunch of Pirates living around there. ;)

Comment

Oh hell yes !!!
                              BTW - what are those wheels still doing yellow ?
                              ;D

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Comment

Working...
                              X