Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goliath's new shoes showed up!

I worked for firestone '90-96
    and you'd be amazed at just hoe many tires needed 5oz on cars..
    even after the turn it 180 or 90
    we had the tire "true" that ground off tread for a rounder tire..
    still friends with the reagonal brass..

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
      The big thing with any kind of powder balance system is to keep moisture out of it....any kind of moisture that gets inside the tire can cause the powder to clump and make the tire shake like a drunk in detox.

smoke
      Chris, first, it's nice to see you on the boards today brother, and yes, you are 100% on the money with a dry air supply, and that should apply to all tires. Thats why nitrogen is gain a hold in large fleets, it gives stable psi at any temp, and is dryer than a covered bridge. However, Counteract is far more forgiving than the old powder type medias (Equal). It's more like little cyrstals.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

the Magnum Balance Beads that I was talking about also i moisture resistant. it is all plastic beads. several sizes, one of they guys in our cubicle farm was showing a customer a bag, and it ripped open. it took FOREVER to get all those beads out of the carpet.

so, anybody have any experience with those rings that go up by the mounting flange, with the ball bearings in them??

the bearings are supposed to balance out the tire....

Charles

Comment

Working...
        X