Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrysler Employees Busted Drinking and Smoking Pot on the job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Employees Busted Drinking and Smoking Pot on the job.

No wonder Chrylser has so many quality problems.

FAIR USE NOTICE: This video may contain copyrighted material. Such material is made available for educational purposes only. This constitutes a 'fair use' of...

Re: Chrysler Employees Busted Drinking and Smoking Pot on the job.

Nothin' new here. Drinking and dope have LONG been issues at manufacturing plants and especially auto plants. This is often mind-numbingly repetitive work and these guys anesthetize themselves to get thru it. I'm not advocating for booze/drugs in the workplace, I'm just saying that that's one of the reasons it happens. And note that there were, by my count, 6 individuals involved and I'll wager that they're in serious trouble with both the company and the union. If nothing else, their impaired state can get someone killed or maimed. And it's been going on for decades.

Dan

Comment

There was actually more than 6, I think the one truck pulled up with that many in it. And I guess they are suspended without pay, while the Union tries to get their jobs back. :

And I agree they shouldn't be drinking or doing drugs on the job, but I do think it's pretty slimy how the news just cost 6-10 guys their jobs.

Comment

don't drink and drive

Comment

It's funny how something so legal can make so many people criminals.

Comment

Don't be too quick to attack the union in this situation. In the past 10 years or so they have taken drugs/alcohol in the workplace much more seriously. They (the union) likely will set up a rehab program for these guys and if they can't/won't/don't follow it they'll be outta there. The union has realized that a couple of impaired workers can hurt or kill a bunch of innocent hard working folks who just has the bad luck to be in the area.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
              Don't be too quick to attack the union in this situation. In the past 10 years or so they have taken drugs/alcohol in the workplace much more seriously. They (the union) likely will set up a rehab program for these guys and if they can't/won't/don't follow it they'll be outta there. The union has realized that a couple of impaired workers can hurt or kill a bunch of innocent hard working folks who just has the bad luck to be in the area.

Dan
              I hope they do Dan.

I wonder how many of those guys have had safety write ups, or at that I wonder if any of them are their top employee's. :o

Comment

the unions most times will help the rehab..
                but sometimes the company. if done or used on their property. will fire your @$$
                these guys are going to have to admit the have a problem and then go into rehab..
                some are not smart enough to say yes I have a problem..
                as thats the only words that will save their job's
                the union got nothing to stand on if they don't say that line..
                just an FYI unions will not put up with this ,use'n on the job..
                as it's a black eye to not only that person but the union as a whole. and today they will not have it..
                in the union I work in they didn't stand for it 20 years ago..
                and I've seen more fools that would not take the help, and save their job. as theiir pride got in the way

Comment

Back in the 70's the nearby bars would use buses to pickup and return Cadillac workers (and other plants too I'm sure) within their short lunch period. All did have grills, etc. but hammer a couple beers, eat a burger, and a good burp - and you're good to go.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Puts flame suit on....

Buy American!

LMAO.

Comment

watching them cars go by, seeing what actually holds them together..

...cursing ledwinka drunk off my ass. I 'd be fired too.

???

Did I tell you about an 87 subaru I dismantled? the chrysler quality stuff only gets as bad a s a k-car...and that is the past.

this subaru bounced in the belly in torqued take offs..like 3 million models just like it... 23 years and 3 million similar models later, I deiphered why:

thye FORGOTa couple of 2000 pound capable beams.

thank your lucky dodge diplomat and pickup that front end staright and weld it... the quality stuff today is made for dope smokers in the factory foolproof...at least everyone gets all the beams.

who actually trusts a car but a codependent of one. that codependent needs a truthful mechanic.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny
                        Puts flame suit on....

Buy American!

LMAO.
                        ya, cause if you think this doesn't happen at all plants around the world, I got a bridge

Comment

Looks like they went the school of work ethic as LA's Dept of Water and Power.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Wonder if the guy driving the Mustang gets any crap ? Those guys been watching too much Caught On Camera or something. I'm surprised Mr. Interviewer didn't get a pop in the chops, they must have thought he was Chrysler security.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I wonder if any privacy laws have been broken by this. I mean that reporter stalked them for like a week. Plus filmed them without there consent and then put them on TV where they are saying they are smoking pot, but all I see is guys smoking hand rolled cigarettes, no weed in sight. ;) And other than being against the rules of the company to be under the influence at work, I don't think there are any laws that have been broken here that would give that reporter the right to air this.

Interesting though.......

Comment

Working...
                              X