• Show
Clear All

Re: Whats grinding your gears today?

Originally posted by horsewidower
    Originally posted by IRONHEAD
    Blown pistons.
    in what the mustang turbo engine
    Nope, little project we've been working on. We'll be able to discuss in a couple of weeks.

Or if the Cap't of the team throws in the towel, we'll be able to discuss sooner.
    tease..
    hints, come on..

Comment

how is the 2.3 running these days..

Comment

Parts are out getting Cryo'd, should have them back later this week, then they'll get sent out for WPC treatment, which is blasting nano sized lubricity particles at them at high velocity. I've got to pull the motor and check the bearings, clean everything and put it back together. I'm almost at the point that I want to go race at Bonneville instead of roadrace.

I don't know if we'll make it back to the track this year, I've just got too much stuff going on.

Comment

Parts are out getting Cryo'd, should have them back later this week, then they'll get sent out for WPC treatment, which is blasting nano sized lubricity particles at them at high velocity. I've got to pull the motor and check the bearings, clean everything and put it back together. I'm almost at the point that I want to go race at Bonneville instead of roadrace.

I don't know if we'll make it back to the track this year, I've just got too much stuff going on.
          that suck,maybe u'll get lucky and get some track time in..
          salt, that be cool.. will the bodywork on it help or hurt it at a flat out run?

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

No, we won't use that car, its completely wrong for the salt.

Right now we're looking at all the different frontal areas and drag coefficients for various cars to decide what to use. It will be a blown car, probably with turbos. I want to run it on E85, but we'd probably be smarter to run it on methanol. It'll be a couple of years project to get it built with all the safety features it needs. Tumbling a several thousand pound car with the energy stored by a couple of hundred miles per hour makes for a cage build that I really need to think about.

Comment

nationwide cars(teams) switch to cot next year. there will be alot of cars for sale cheap. with a rollbar that will standup to whatever.. and u can always reskin it..if you don't want to run a fusion looking car..

Comment

a nissan 200zx would cut the wind..
                or a probe
                the f bodys been done to death..
                probe was a body for a few prostockers as was the sunbird
                and they can be had cheap

Comment

I've been trying to take the same midterm test online for weeks now. Every time I take the test, which is a multiple-choice and available only online, it kicks me off. Today, it booted me at question 99. Out of a possible 100.

This is the fifth time.
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                    I've been trying to take the same midterm test online for weeks now. Every time I take the test, which is a multiple-choice and available only online, it kicks me off. Today, it booted me at question 99. Out of a possible 100.

This is the fifth time.
                    is it a timed test,

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z

This is the fifth time.
                      is it a timed test,
                      It is a timed test, but I was well within the time limit (I had another twenty minutes left on the timer.)
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

in form the instructor?

Comment

Dang this thread took off like wild fire :P

I think the jeep may of popped a head gasket :-\
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

bummer 4 or 6

Comment

bummer 4 or 6
                              It's a six, I'm starting to think it may be a stuck/bad thermostat. The oil is clean and no white smoke, just getting hot. I'll pull the spark plugs tomorrow to check them, if they look good I'll change out the thermostat. It sure overheats in a hurry :o
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

open the red cap. if head gasket it'll bubble and or push it out .
                                just don't open hot

Comment

Working...
                                X