Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clothes and accessories ...and other disturbing changes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes and accessories ...and other disturbing changes..

What is the typical cost for "business casual" type clothes? I ask this because I just put a very heathy dent in the wallet...I like what I bought, I'm just curious if my figures are off or if this is the normal. I will not disclose what I paid, I'm just trying to get an idea what a typical outfit would cost...
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: Need information: clothing purchases

Originally posted by Remy-Z
    What is the typical cost for "business casual" type clothes? I ask this because I just put a very heathy dent in the wallet...I like what I bought, I'm just curious if my figures are off or if this is the normal. I will not disclose what I paid, I'm just trying to get an idea what a typical outfit would cost...
    depends, I hit up the BX sales rack and can score a nice outfit for under 50 bucks 75 to 80 if i get shoes.. but I would say for a nice shirt and slacks, socks and shoes downtown...around 120 bucks...the shoes being the big ticket item...
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I'm sure it's gone up since I last got something nice, about 25 years ago....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

for business casual I normally spend $45.00 to $60.00 for pants and about the same for shirts unless I can catch them on sale.
        It's a Tri-Power Inline six [email protected] in the 1/8th

Comment

pants 20-90
          shirt 22-1000
          shoes 30-500

me..
          its 45pants /shirt30-40/ 50-60 shoes
          I already have stuff so. it cost nothing..
          I have a few silk button up's that the cleaners had to buy because of small stains. 800.oo shirts with a stain so faint you'd have to know it's there..
          mom works at a cleaners.. people are crazy on what they spend on crap

Comment

so, did ya get pleats and cuffs??

i am curious what a healthy dent would be? being a cheap ass, that has to wear "B.C." to sit in a cube farm, in a damn tire warehouse, I am all about the sales at Kohl's. i dont think I have paid more than 30 for pants. ever. and I have some decent stuff.

shirts are mostly vendor schwag.

any way, isnt "outfit" (heehee ;D) just to go to sema??
            Charles

Comment

"Outfit" is for any use, not just for SEMA. I've never owned good stuff before, except the Army class-A uniform. And judging from the responses so far, I hopped off the deep end without my arm floaties...total damage today clothes-wise was $1,700. That is multiple items, and stuff like shoes, belt, and some other clothes I bought at the same time.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Ouch. Yeah I got two suits, formal and casual, last May for the wedding I went to in Germany, that ran me about $1000-$1100.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                  Ouch. Yeah I got two suits, formal and casual, last May for the wedding I went to in Germany, that ran me about $1000-$1100.

...I am not drunk enough to keep looking at that duck...

Comment

"Outfit" is for any use, not just for SEMA. I've never owned good stuff before, except the Army class-A uniform. And judging from the responses so far, I hopped off the deep end without my arm floaties...total damage today clothes-wise was $1,700. That is multiple items, and stuff like shoes, belt, and some other clothes I bought at the same time.
                    woohoo!!!! holy crap! good stuff lasts though. thanks for sharing
                    Charles

Comment

Drunkwing Duck is what I called him, and we got drunk! :D haha.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Bryan = Papageorgio
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Let's see - business casual.

1 BS (or ECTA) T-shirt...... About $10 or 12 bucks.
                          Shorts ............................. About 10 or 12
                          Tennie pumps................... About $35, but you can wear 'em for other stuff
                          Socks & tighty-whiteys...... Optional

Do the math.

Dan

Comment

OMG... Those outfits were hot, but damn...I feel like I failed as your fashion consultant :-\
                            Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

I paid $1850 for my 55 chevy.....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                              X