Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up to 1,000 feared dead after landslide buries Mexico town

Heavy rain in mountains of Oaxaca sent mud rushing over homes in the night

OAXACA, Mexico ? Up to 1,000 people might have perished after a rain-soaked mountainside gave way and buried hundreds of homes in southwestern Mexico, the local governor said Tuesday.

Oaxaca Gov. Ulises Ruiz told the Televisa television network that the 4 a.m. landslide wiped-out at least 300 homes in the town of Santa Maria Tlahuitoltepec, population 9,000.

"There could be between 500, 600 people, maybe 1,000" dead, the governor told Televisa.

"We haven't reached the location yet," Ruiz said, adding that rescue teams were being dispatched to the area.

"There has been lots of rain, rivers have overflowed and we're having a hard time reaching the area because there are landslides on the roads," he added.

More world news Up to 1,000 feared dead in Mexico landslide
    Updated 36 minutes ago Up to 1,000 people might have perished after a rain-soaked mountainside gave way and buried hundreds of homes in southwestern Mexico, the local governor said Tuesday. Full story

Heavy rains have fallen on Central America and parts of Mexico for days as two storm systems moved across the western Caribbean.

Parts of Mexico are enduring their worst rainy season on record, which has triggered heavy flooding and forced thousands of people from their homes in vulnerable parts of the country.

Re: Up to 1,000 feared dead after landslide buries Mexico town

Mother nature is having her way with us...

Should make a few people in Arizona happy... As well as a few tea baggers...

Comment

Originally posted by bnjny

that's just not right..
      there are very good reasons for arizona's ways and we can't talk about that here.
      but thats a sick post

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

that's just not right..
        there are very good reasons for arizona's ways and we can't talk about that here.
        but thats a sick post
        X2

Comment

another panama canal on the way...
          ;D

that whole area defies logic of 300 trillion square miles of ocean.
          crazy as a ledwinka.

it is to be self dooming to believe it is just going to stay a paradise.
          I could not understand the tension even within their own country until opening google maps and getting some good views...

I guess mary the mother of god is gonna meet her father. ???
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Wow.

So just where in the NE must this be coming from, and what PBS station? Let's all stick to talking about what we know.

Comment

Seriously. Save the rhetoric for the "news" channels...
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

hay I just though it was sad and posted it.. my bad

Comment

It was cool of you to post it IronHead.

It was uncool of bnjny to bring his politics into it.

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY
                    It was cool of you to post it IronHead.

It was uncool of bnjny to bring his politics into it.

o ok I thought , well you know, my post never go over well

Comment

So it's ok to post drivel just not my drivel? ;D

Reality check here... Politics have been a part of this 'car' board for a long time. Between the buy american, save jobs BS and the other rhetoric I have to plow through just to see if there is any actual car talk. I thought it was time to play offensively... :D

Yes I live in the NE. I have spent time in the soutwest. So what? :

Yes I watch my PBS... They have Motorweek on a few times a week.

I got a rise out of a few... That was the point. I would like to come here and discuss cars. Not the domestic/import debate or buy american debate, music is not the same, hippie that or union debate. That all falls under politics. Save it for the other boards...

I love it when a plan comes together. :-*

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                        ok fine
                        I'll highjack my own thread..
                        what you been doing to your cars..

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          ok fine
                          I'll highjack my own thread..
                          what you been doing to your cars..
                          Driving them. ;D

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^ nono that shit won't cut it. your bitch was with no car talk. so what you doing to your cars, future plans/builds ;D

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^ nono that shit won't cut it. your bitch was with no car talk. so what you doing to your cars, future plans/builds ;D
                              Really or what? :-*

The autocross season here is just about over... I need to do the timing belt on the 924s... And get newer r-compounds... My Hankooks from 2003 are finally starting to show their age... Probably go with a used set of Toyo R888's...

The Suburban will be getting a new custom headliner... This winter if I can fit the time in... Maybe I can finally color sand the paint... It's only been a year...

Need to clean our equipement trailer and probably replace the plywood floor...

Comment

Working...
                              X