Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camera downloading to computer

is there a faster way..
    the 941 pictures on my slr took an hour to load onto the computer..
    never mind the photobucket..
    used a ubs cable...
    straight from camera to computer..

Re: camera downloading to computer

I usually just pull the SD card out of the camera and stick it in the slot in my computer. It copies them over rather quickly.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
      I usually just pull the SD card out of the camera and stick it in the slot in my computer. It copies them over rather quickly.
      my slr uses a compact flash type card. it's a 2" by 1.5" square . no slot for that..
      the point and shot used a sd type card..
      it was alot of pic's.. uploading to photobucket will be um fun.

Comment

Might have the wrong driver for your USB port on the computer. Usually the later Windows drivers work pretty well.

Also you can buy a USB CF adapter, plugs into the computer, and has a compact flash socket on it to plug in your card. Older laptops have a PCMCIA port that is essentially a CF port...just takes a simple adapter to plug it in.

But we don't know what kind of camera or computer you have, so it's hard to say. And we also don't know what format you save the pictures in, TIFF takes up a lot more room than jpg

you'll probably want to do a batch resize before uploading to photobucket. Be careful not to replace the original files though!
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

this was tiff I think..
          the other card(haven't tried that yet) is the raw format, big files.. but thats just so I can learn to play with it in photoshop
          thanks about the adapter..
          ya, I'll have to try the batch resize.

Comment

My Canon, and most high end cameras, use CF cards. Go to BestBuy, Staples, Office Depot, or wherever and get a card reader. It plugs into the USB port on your computer and reads the card quickly.

Also, you should adjust the size of your photos. Unless you are shooting for a catalog, posters, or some such thing, you will never need a RAW image. Scale them down and use medium sized JPEG and you'll be fine.

My card reader is a Vivatar that cost 10 bucks on Amazon and works like a champ. There are a ton of other cool ones too. Mine will do a bunch of different cards.

There are some cool new ones though that I would like to try. My only thing I don't like about mine is that it plugs directly into the computer and using it on the road is hard if there is bouncing and stuff. One with a cord is a little easier. But, this one fits in your pocket which is cool. Six of one....
            "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

raw is for the 36"wide by (upto 500') prints..
              as I have wideformat printers I can use.. so I snap in fine and then if I think I'm gonna print it out big raw
              we have so many junk rolls to test on.. I can have a ball.

Comment

If your camera comes with a USB cable, all you need to do is plug it in, Windows will recognize your camera as a HardDrive. Just double click on the drive in My Computer, it will pull up the folders on that drive, double click on the folder with the pics in it and thumb through them, pick the pic you want click on it and drag and drop it into a folder on a drive on your computer. It is really that simple. You can also right click and pick "select all" from the menu, then click on the hi-lighted files and drag them to the new folder on your computer.

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
                  If your camera comes with a USB cable, all you need to do is plug it in, Windows will recognize your camera as a HardDrive. Just double click on the drive in My Computer, it will pull up the folders on that drive, double click on the folder with the pics in it and thumb through them, pick the pic you want click on it and drag and drop it into a folder on a drive on your computer. It is really that simple. You can also right click and pick "select all" from the menu, then click on the hi-lighted files and drag them to the new folder on your computer.
                  yes did that.. nero elite opened up and loaded the pic to that page then loaded them to an album the 940ish pic took an hours..
                  most are 6mb+ the raw are 20-30mb+

Comment

Don't let the program download the pictures for you...instead, use Windows Explorer to find the camera's card and then copy and paste the files to where you want them on your computer.

I think that's what Alex is saying?
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                      Don't let the program download the pictures for you...instead, use Windows Explorer to find the camera's card and then copy and paste the files to where you want them on your computer.

windows exployer?

Comment

What version of windows do you have?
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Yes that is exactly what I'm saying. ;)

Comment

What version of windows do you have?
                            xp service pack III

Comment

Start menu....Programs...Accessories...Windows Explorer

Lets you see all the files and folders in your computer. And do things with them.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X