Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving courtesy. Does anyone signal anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving courtesy. Does anyone signal anymore?

Why is that some folks signal left but not right when changing lanes?

Or chose not to signal at all because they would have to put down the phone and cig?

When did it become optional to stay in just one lane?

Re: Driving courtesy. Does anyone signal anymore?

That's one of my biggest pet peeves while driving. I use my signals 95% of the time, the few times I don't is when there's no other traffic to signal to in the first place. Another thing I hate is when someone is putting along in the fast lane and after a mile or two they finally move over . . .and speed up!
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

If ya signal , it takes all the fun and suprise out of driving. ;D
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

if I'm passing you ,you don't need to know ;D
        but at lights or turning on to streets I always use'm
        but I see no point if I'm 8 cars lenth infront of you to hit the blinker..

Comment

Signaling is a bad idea in California. It just warns somebody that you are coming and gives them time to fill up the space in the lane. ;D ;D ;D

I couldn't care less about people signaling on the freeway, but my biggest annoyance is people who can't merge, or who don't signal when they are coming into a driveway you are trying to pull out of. You sit there waiting thinking that they are going to drive past you and the whole time you could have pulled out in front of them. They suck.
          "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

There's a standing law in Kershaw, SC, that if you signal for a turn or a lane change (but there are no lanes to change into - all two-lane in town ), you go to jail for 90 days. When you take your car to get inspected in Kershaw, if your turn signals work, they disconnect them in order for you to pass inspection.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I only signal what other vehicles are around.

Comment

Failure to signal for a lane change or turn is great PC for a stop ..... just sayin'....
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Kershaw. Y'all ain't been to Kershaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
                    That's one of my biggest pet peeves while driving. I use my signals 95% of the time, the few times I don't is when there's no other traffic to signal to in the first place. Another thing I hate is when someone is putting along in the fast lane and after a mile or two they finally move over . . .and speed up!
                    Sums up my thoughts, except sometimes I signal even if no other cars are around. About the only time I don't is pulling into my driveway because there's hardly ever any cars out this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
                      Failure to signal for a lane change or turn is great PC for a stop ..... just sayin'....
                      Yap I should have added I signal when the cops are around. ;) ;D

Comment

maybe they should start themselves

Comment

The one thing that made me write a song about it is people driving along on the interstate with the blinker going. That's aggravating as hell. But in their defense, they sure must not be able to HEAR the blinker going. Don't think they're not thinking - they may very well be not HEARING.

Unit's hearing impaired. She could easily drive along for a hundred miles with the blinker going and not realize it..

Comment

Since I moved to Georgia I can't stand driving. After four years in SoCal and complaining about the drivers there I have realized that there are worse drivers around. Here, they don't signal for anything, slow down or stop on on ramps waiting to merge onto the highway, and drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                              maybe they should start themselves
                              I got pulled over at 2 AM while going to work for not signaling for a turn, luckily he was just fishing for drunks.
                              And yes, cops are some of the biggest offenders for not using their turn signals.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X