How Come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Come?

I just read Steve's (rightpedal) posting on the Chevy pickup, which raises a question:
    Especially when dealing with old stuff, how come the better part/vehicle - whatever - comes along RIGHT AFTER you've committed to some other project? This requires either backing out of whatever you just started on or buying #2 and then deciding what to do with #1.

Is that Automotive karma, bad timing, bad luck, or what?

Comments -
    Dan

Re: How Come?

Dan
    I think this falls under the category of

Shit Happens
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I think that somehow all gearheads are cosmically linked...and cursed. its some sort of everlasting automotive bad karma
      Maybe we were all horse theives in a former life and are being punished...
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

patience wins...

..and it is as slow as something unwanted. :-\
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I always just bought the other one, and started on one of them. They can wait if something else is more pressing, and I can always get back to it later.

Comment

It's punishment for not buying what we wanted the first time we saw it.... you can always tell that there will be a regret when these words are used in the purchase "just like...", "great deal...", "never thought of this type before..."

it's never just like, and it's a great deal because the guy is just one step ahead of you in the "oh damns"... and never thought of this type because you were sober..... maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age.... or not. :D
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

dan it's not that,
              it's i bought this p.o.s. and I'm working on making it better, so u do.
              and then , u'r like well a better bed would really help this pig..
              so you get one ,and it just happens to be on a better bodied truck..
              that at the time might not have mattered untill you made the first body alittle better, then the flaws show more, and well. this is why no hot rod is ever "DONE"

Comment

Working...
              X