Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So you thought you were having a bad week ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you thought you were having a bad week ......

Ok this isnt a rant, more of a vent - Im in the process of moving out of the non hot watered town home I lived in and into a quiet lil house til my wife finishes up school and student teaching, With all the time on my feet - 10+ hours at work and then moving 2-4 hours every night after work has taken its toll on my left foot, I had a "flare up" of sorts and not currently able to properly wear a tennis shoe right now, work boots - forget it, so as of right this second, Im sitting behind the puter in the "new house" listening to my new washer and dryer hum along as I elevate my foot to reduce the swelling with fingers crossed I can walk on saturday to snap some pics of something a little special for you BS peeps

Speaking of pics, I have some from a show I still need to edit and uplaod to brian for him to post (sorry for the delay brian)

well during my move this week on my way home my daughter decided to walk my male lab by herself, dont ever let a 75 pound girl walk a 65 pound that could prolly out pull a pro stock pulling tractor (hes taken me down a couple times and I aint exactly petite)

well to sum it up lets just say theres one less cat in the world today and a very upset cat owner

im exhausted right now, but im happy, no really happy to be back in a house and away from the apt living life
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Re: So you thought you were having a bad week ......

Congrats on the new place Boog! That's a big event, been there, done that. I know what that means.

And with a bad foot no less. Moving with a bad foot? Man oh man.

And the dog wins vs. cat thing....most unfortunate. That's not exactly the way you want to design your entry into a new neighborhood. The effects could be lasting.

We had been here for some weeks when Superman's wife left her SUV running in neutral and it rolled out of their driveway backward, across the street, into our driveway and banged a tree we've since had cut down because we don't want ANY trees. But for that tree, the car would have done some real damage to the side of the house. The SUV had some significant damage on it, so the problem was theirs entirely. Mrs. Man said, "That's a heckuva way to meet your new neighbors." Mr. Man was seriously concerned about the damage to the tree we didn't want anyhow, a big bark scar on it. They were upset, we were laughing.

But a cat-eating dog.....I'm afraid you may have you work cut out for you, as far as establishing rapport with the neighbors. That'll be hard.

Just my take on it.

peewee

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Lots of cats at the shelter. You should have just gotten one that looked like the one the dog ate and quickly replaced it - they would never have known. "Does Fluffy seem a little different?" Can't tell with a cat - they don't let you get to know them well enough that the actual critter makes any difference. Remember this the next time. Oh, and watch "The Dog Whisperer".

Bummer on the foot. I'm among the walking wounded myself and have decided to go see the Doc tomorrow to see if I'm going to lose any body parts. Other than my tumble and lighting the car on fire, it was a super weekend at Maxton.

Dan

Comment

um, i fergot about the witnesses, it happened in front of a playground full of kids, one of the kids that saw it happened, it was his cat
        Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR
          um, i fergot about the witnesses, it happened in front of a playground full of kids, one of the kids that saw it happened, it was his cat
          Good thread title. Congrats again and I sure hope it get better for ya in your new spot for sure.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Same advice on the witness. They all look alike. Go to the school and get another to replace the one that "disappeared". The parents would never notice.

Dan

Comment

Working...
            X