• Show
Clear All

• Best "Modern" Blues

80s on up
    best blues songs
    The Hooters - 500 Miles
    Alvin Lee & Ten Years After - The Bluest Blues
    Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Best "Modern" Blues

Too big of a window, Eagle. That brings in Stevie Ray and about a hundred guys and gals that are so good...

And then there's this guy who is still young and very very very VERY good...

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Bonamassa is quite the gig today. At 33, he's nowhere near the top of his game.
      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Joe bonamassa

Jonny Lang

Robert Bradley's Black Water Surprise.

Comment

Derek Trucks. I don't think I want to drink beer with him, but he sure can play.

Comment

never heard of bonamassa before he hooked up with my favorite singer , glenn hughes
            you ever see poppa chubby ? pretty good
            hiram bullock http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoOBK1-K5E0
            george worthmore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O56I2Zuok70
            This aired on the Oscars a few years back. Done with Jon Buckley from Noiseroom Recording Studio, Sandton , South Africa. Always a pleasure working with Jon.

first saw george at lead east , opened up for jan and dean , then we used to see george at mannys car wash and dan lynch in nyc , always played ladies night at mannys

Comment

Just put on a Buddy Guy album, that's where all 'modern' blues comes from.
              Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Then put on some Robert Cray on, especially if there's a woman around. There ain't enough O's in smooth.
                Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

Don't forget Keb Mo. He doesn't quite fit, in that he tried R&B and lots of other stuff and is not a long time legend, but he seemed to sort of select the blues after nothing else made enough money for him, which is backward again.

I actually first heard this guy in the series Touched by an angel. I'm a fan now and going to see if i can get a concert on dvd soon. Great performer

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                    never heard of bonamassa before he hooked up with my favorite singer , glenn hughes
                    This aired on the Oscars a few years back. Done with Jon Buckley from Noiseroom Recording Studio, Sandton , South Africa. Always a pleasure working with Jon.

first saw george at lead east , opened up for jan and dean , then we used to see george at mannys car wash and dan lynch in nyc , always played ladies night at mannys
                    Gosh, Spidey...........I just now hit those links. I'm always behind on what I read and what I type here.

There's a cliche amongst music players. When you're a player and you hear somebody who blows you away, you say, "I don't know whether to practice more or just quit." That choice by itself is daunting in its implications.

Somebody post a poll because I don't know how to. Play or quit?

Comment

Originally posted by peewee
                      Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan

Somebody post a poll because I don't know how to.
                      pw, right next to "NEW TOPIC" is "POST NEW POLL".
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

susan tedeschi

Comment

Kenny Wayne Shepherd
                          Albert Cummings
                          Cognizant Dissident

Comment

seasick steve! and he makes his own instruments, sometimes out of car parts ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X