kill'm all weed/brush spray????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kill'm all weed/brush spray????????

if any of you looked at my project thread, you may have seen the chevelle surrounded by weeds.
    now I have a tarp and bricks(8-16") inder the car and installing the tent style garage over it..
    the weeds where killed my ortho's clear it all/kill it all stuff, good for a year, well a little over a month and ahalf later,
    jungle again..
    any better stuff..
    want to kill it all again before the cold weather(snow)
    and then hit it again spring..
    but don't want to have to spray every month if I can help it..
    and no a slab isn't in the cards..

Re: kill'm all weed/brush spray????????

FInd a guy that works at a golf course and have him hook you up .They have good stuff we cant buy.

Comment

Golf course stuff is the ticket. ;D
      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

maybe mr scotts will pipe in

Comment

Woody brush will have to be physically removed in my opinion. You won't get anything stiff enough to translocate through the plant/bush enough to totally finish it off.

For grassy weeds, I'd recommed using a product made by Dow called Snapshot. It'll provide about 8 months of control at a time. Summer annual weeds have stopped growing at this point and we don't have lots in the way of fall/winter annuals so if you get it down now it should carry you into next summer before another application, or you can wait and hit it in the spring to get you all the way through the season.

Call up the John Deere Landscapes/Lesco in Pembroke and ask if they have any in stock. In Massachusetts you can use anything you want on your own property. When a drop hits somewhere other than what you own you need to be licensed by the state for pesticide applications.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Golf course stuff is ok, but if you REALLY wanna get rid of vegetation, get the stuff the railroad uses...

2,4-D

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

2,4 D is the active ingredient in LOTS of available herbicides. Mark is looking for something with some residual effect. The good ol 2,4 kills lots of stuff but is not known for staying power.

About Snapshot -- I'm saying use it in the spring because it is a pre-emergent control, meaning it stops the weeds from coming through to begin with.

The best plan of attack is to Round-Up the whole area now to kill any vegetation and come the spring lay the Snapshot down.

Comment

2-4D is good as well as "Spike", it's a ground sterilant. You can also talk to someone in your local Road Department or talk to a local Landscape Mainenance Company. You will need someone with a QAC, or QAL to get the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  2,4 D is the active ingredient in LOTS of available herbicides. Mark is looking for something with some residual effect. The good ol 2,4 kills lots of stuff but is not known for staying power.

About Snapshot -- I'm saying use it in the spring because it is a pre-emergent control, meaning it stops the weeds from coming through to begin with.

The best plan of attack is to Round-Up the whole area now to kill any vegetation and come the spring lay the Snapshot down.
                  I'm feeling a little better so I'm gonna hit the weeds with , pulling up the big stuff. weed wack the whole area, then another hit of the ortho stuff(as I have it) and round up.. after that.. will the rain we got for the last few days, weak'n this..
                  or should it not matter..

Comment

Spray it when we're going to go 12-24 hours without rain so you get maximum leaf contact. Round Up gets taken up by the plants pretty quick, but you don't want it getting washed off.

Brian

Comment

Also, add a little liquid dish soap to help it stick to the leaves.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Ah, just use gasoline. It'll kill them weeds dead. Just don't smoke around there for a while, long while.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                          Ah, just use gasoline. It'll kill them weeds dead. Just don't smoke around there for a while, long while.
                          would, but I think. wife might blow me up..
                          life insurance is payed :D :D :D
                          the disc soap? that makes decals not stick..
                          explain how it stick to plant life..

Comment

Round-up is not a good choice anymore. Their patent ran out a few years ago and you can now buy the same stuff for $15.00 a quart for the super concentrate. For woodie things like blackberries Crossbow is the answer. The leaves will start to wilt in 24 hours and they die.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                              Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                              would, but I think. wife might blow me up..
                              life insurance is payed :D :D :D
                              the disc soap? that makes decals not stick..
                              explain how it stick to plant life..
                              Dish soap or any other surfactant breaks down the high surface tension of water, which keeps it from beading up, which makes it stick better. There are cheaper, but more time consuming alternatives also. A vinegar or bleach concoction will work, just takes several applications.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X