kill'm all weed/brush spray????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: kill'm all weed/brush spray????????

On woody type weeds just use pool acid. ;)

Comment

Antifreeze.

Comment

Cut the weeds down to a few inches from the ground. Spray your weed killer. Then cover with ground cloth and either mulch or gravel... Mulch can be gotten cheap, delivered (at least where I am) for about $125 for 5 yards of mulch. The ground cloth can be bought at any Home Depot/Lowes in the garden section. I find stones or gravel to be a little more in price than mulch.

What this will do is allow you to kill the current weeds and prent new ones from growing for a bit....

Comment

You need to kill the weed seed already in the ground.

Fire. The heat will the seed.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Have you tried parking more 'project cars' over the offending weeds? the lack of sunlight kills 'em.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Are you looking to kill the weeds and leave the grass in your yard? What type of grass do you have? Where do you live? Atrazine and Simazine have both pre and post emergent properties. They take 3-4 weeks to work but depending on your climate and types of turf and weeds, they will kill everything and last for a while for little $/acre. Brian is right though, not knowing what weeds you have, a non-selective(Roundup(Glyphoshpate) pre-emergent/post-emergent combo will be your best bet short of diesel fuel. I've worked on golf courses my entire life and we have been doing this for many years. I have seen some ads for homeowner type long term control and checked the labels at Lowe's. They are nothing more than the same witches brew we've been using for a long time. Anything that claims to kill in one day is a contact herbicide that probably contains Diquat (trade name= Reward) and will not kill the roots. Some of the newer stuff you will find at Lowe's that claims "kills weeds in 24 hours" contains a mixture of Diquat and Glyphosphate which alot of golf sourses use around trees and other things to cut back on weedeating labor. I don't like this mixture because Glyphosphate (systemic) will not reach the roots if the foliage is burned in 24 hours by Diquat (contact). Just my opinion.

Comment

I found a recipe on the web for a mixture of vinegar, salt, and a few drops of liquid dish soap.

Heat a gallon of cheap white vinegar on the stove - then mix in a cup of salt stirring it in so it will dissolves, then turn off the heat and add a few drops of dawn / etc before pouring it into bottles.

It costs next to nothing and it KILLS grass / weeds like crazy.... not as fun as gasoline and a match though. ;D
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                  FInd a guy that works at a golf course and have him hook you up .They have good stuff we cant buy.
                  Naw, farmers have some really potent stuff. One of the pre-emergence sprays we use is called Prowl, that stuff'll stain anything it hits orange for a long time, and it keeps shit down pretty good too. One of the sprays my uncle uses, I don't know the name, only requires 4 hours to kill and then turns into a pre-emergence. Another one is Bicep Magnum II, it says not to use near any water sources and keeps the cornfields clean, so I imagine it must be pretty potent. Some come in pellet form, there are so many different sprays that you have to get from a dealer and need a license. Sprays have some pretty cool names too, like Helfire, Prowl, Broadleaf Burn (basically a 2-4D), and some others I don't remember now because it's not summer anymore and I'm not using them.

Comment

Much like when I needed to get rid of oil on my driveway, accidently spilling a gallon of gas and dropping a lit match works wonders on vegitation.
                    If you don't have a bunch of eco freaks around you, and don't stand the smell, diesel fuel, but once again, you are asking for a potential fire bomb.

I have used motor oil in the past, but as I get a little older I don't want to be the complete asshat with the land I theoretically own...in 26 or so years.

Funny story about roundup: Growing up, a family friend, elderly dude names Earl, had wanted to fertilize his lawn, and accidently got a couple gallons of roundup instead of the simple dandelion & broad leaf killer you typically use on basic lawn pests.
                    He hosed the living hell out of his lawn when I was a teenager, and the aftermath was funny as hell. His lawn died in 2 days.
                    I am talking the entire lawn, not just spots. Seems 5 gallons of roundup, mixed in a sprayer tank on the back of a riding lawnmower and sprayed at a 1:2 mix, during the Nebraska June weather does wonders for weeds. And flowers. And grass. And the neighbor's grass. :o

Personally, I have fought with crap growing in the cracks of my driveway, and now because I back to a city park, and have an overrunning of crabgrass and broadleaf clover type plants, my soft yard has turned into a pine cussion.

Who uses what when they fertilize a residential lawn?

Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

A super cheap thing to do ....... if we have any more nice sunny days that is.

Get a tarp the size of the area you want to kill. Lightly wet the area with a hose or whatever. Spread the tarp over the area, and let the sun do its thing. If it is a nice warm sunny day, the heat from the sun will effectively BOIL all vegetative life under the tarp and it will not grow back for a couple of years.

This I know by experience. And it was unintentional. Caught holy heck for that little stunt from Mom in my youth.... :-[

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X