New Lancia Stratos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lancia Stratos?

The original Stratos was a Ferrari-powered rally demon. There's video of it being tested, but since I no pa Italiano, I have no idea what they are saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG1Q5...yer_embedded#!
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Re: New Lancia Stratos?

I loved those back in the 70's. If they don't put that into production they're crazy.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Looks like another fine pasta rocket.

Although, it is screaming to me as a new age Pontiac Fiero.
      Andrew
      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Very cool ! I know some company was building a "kit" car type version with an Alfa motor it looked really good too.

Comment

Oooohhhh, that is sexy
          Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

it is ashame when cars meant to be expendible, race oriented cheap breakable fixable...
            turn it into limited production or extinct them...then call it a legend.

???

A new, modern Stratos is being designed for 2011, in tandem with the 40th anniversary of the original model. The car will use the 4.3L V8 engine currently used in the Ferrari F430 Scuderia. The car's body panels are speculated to be carbon fibre. It is further speculated that this car will enjoy a limited-production run.[7]
            now its getting the million dollar engine for the plastic chassis.

go hunt down a beetle... you can acheive the same thing for alot less...and if to whip it out and brag "magical legend" powers.. a porsche 953 had no coolant problems and a perfect ballast awd from the same era (within years of each other). both disappeared like a b-rally car.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The Stratos (both old and new) carries more than that. That shape...that body shape alone is the reason for the car.

Rally winnings? Cool, nice to see it's a performer. Let's remember that the original was beaten like a red-headed stepchild by Euro rally enthusiasts. If that ain't a testament to how strong it is...

Ferrari motor? Hey, if you aren't gonna do it yourself let one of the best do it for you.

But that shape is just damn sexy in my opinion, and the concept is a damn fine throwback design. It would also be a nice change from...

Delta

Ypslion

I promise you don't wanna see the other two.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I'd do a Stratos kit car with a G6 Getrag and an L67!
                Central TEXAS Sleeper
                USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

They were like Caddy's in Italy now they are econoturds.

Comment

still think the older one looks better ;D

http://tinyurl.com/yhy528w Jeremy taks a little drive in it in season 14 :DThe Lancia Stratos HF, widely and more simply known as Lancia Stratos, is an autom...

Comment

Working...
                    X