my first tonka truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first tonka truck

finally found it. same color red and white..

measured 42 inches and weighed 36000 pounds. ???
    this was my toy from dad when I was two.

I don't see the giant cars that went with it in photo, but my own was a full house. This toy was so big for a two year old, I sat on it thniking it was a toy car you ride. all cold metal.

after pinching fingers and falling down the stairs with it, I was never allowed to use it again. :
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Re: my first tonka truck

Originally posted by boxer3main
    finally found it. same color red and white..

measured 42 inches and weighed 36000 pounds. ???
    this was my toy from dad when I was two.

I don't see the giant cars that went with it in photo, but my own was a full house. This toy was so big for a two year old, I sat on it thniking it was a toy car you ride. all cold metal.

after pinching fingers and falling down the stairs with it, I was never allowed to use it again. :
    So that is the reason we cant understand a damn thing you type, that explains ALOT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I actually still have both my old metal Tonka trucks back home in IL: The big-ass dump truck and the Cat D9 with rubber treads..
      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
        I actually still have both my old metal Tonka trucks back home in IL: The big-ass dump truck and the Cat D9 with rubber treads..
        same here

Comment

I have the newer 70's version of that it came with2 Ford Rancheros.Still have the whole thing.

Comment

I'm picturing a kid riding that Tonka and fingers don't top the list of bad pinches

Comment

I never had Tonkas...I had a mess of Nylint trucks, I liked them better than the Tonkas...I do remeber playing with the same truck Boxer posted, it belonged to my cousin...I think it may still be in the barn back home...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Unfortunately, my Tonka Trucks are long gone, but I loved them dearly.
                I put them through every test I could think of to test their reputation for being indestructible !!
                I had the Mighty Dump Truck and some of the other construction equipment models (Bulldozer w/ backhoe, Crane tractor and Grader).
                Fond memories .....

Comment

Yup, I too had a collection of those trucks and equipment They just don't look right with out the paint peeling, rust streaks and yellow window's :D
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

today the safety bandits would get them all recalled.

Comment

I actually mixed cement with my Tonka Cement Mixer. Filled a cinderblock with my product.

Comment

Named after lake MINNETONKA in the Minneapolis area for those that never knew or didn't care .

There is still a building I go by from time to time that has the logo on it ( been a few years now so, it could be gone)

My brother at one time had collected something like 400 of them from garage sales, auctions, etc .

Sold them all to a guy and made out well
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X