Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Goliath Door Lettering -- Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POLL: Goliath Door Lettering -- Yes or No?

Put C/G on it... ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Motor City Impala
      Originally posted by IRONHEAD
      Bang Shift East Coast Hadquarters
      Owner /operator
      Brian Lohnes
      Broken Drivetrain Clean Up Dept.

bangshift.com

(with the longer lines forming a circle)
      That nails it for me. but the patina has got to be right.... most of it should be faded...... IMO
      Official Muff(ler) Tester Vehicle
      Sponosred by Firestones and Cherrys
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

I'd letter it for the pallet company, but first I'd paint the wheels. Maybe red or silver. If I ever find an old Soda truck I want to paint it like my fathers or grandfathers

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
          Originally posted by Motor City Impala
          Originally posted by IRONHEAD
          Bang Shift East Coast Hadquarters
          Owner /operator
          Brian Lohnes
          Broken Drivetrain Clean Up Dept.

bangshift.com

(with the longer lines forming a circle)
          That nails it for me. but the patina has got to be right.... most of it should be faded...... IMO
          Official Muff(ler) Tester Vehicle
          Sponosred by Firestones and Cherrys
          I like my idea.. I think I'll use it. but a diecut window decal in the glass frost...
          but change the bangshift to rodderscorner and owners name..
          maybe with the old blue chevy service sign as the round boarder

Comment

I voted no , but if you must them gramp/and dads current or old biz would be the way to go.

Comment

I would do it... But if you decide on a beer company, I'd go with Duff Beer. ;D

Comment

Bump.

And the verdict is???????????????????????
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

The verdict is that the photo I thought I had of the first truck was actually a photo of the second truck, so I am waiting for my grand-dad to dig up one of the first flatbed they had (1955 Chevy) to see what it looks like.

The early 1970 F600 looks OK...I'll try to scan the photo today, so you guys can see it.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've come to a conclusion on the whole door art fade, that for me, I love seeing door art because I grew up around old trucks in the family business and it has become a heritage thing for me, not a trend like the Rat Rod crowd has made it.

So thats why I say, if its a history leason about your family, or even the old history of the car or truck in question, I say HELL YEAH to anyone questioning weather yes, or no.

It's also a window into the past, before computer designed viniyl wrap, when paint, a paint brush, and a man's talent and creativity did the talking.

Comment

I would say now to the fake door art.

Just as an option, I would say no to the lumber Co art. It's just one step above the fake art, since you are not in the business and the truck was never used to haul pallets. If you use it to haul some pallets, the it would be legit.

I would say if anything it should be related to what you do, therefore some kind of BS.com theme. At least it would be legit.

Comment

From the (questionably) Legal Dept.

I would STRONGLY advise against using your family business livery on this truck.

Reason being, I'd imagine your family's business trucks have a USDOT number, or at least a state DOT number on it somewhere. State/local gendarmes may see you out in your old truck, bombing around just having fun....then light you up and question why the proper certifications/numbers/commercial plates/insurance/yearly DOT inspection label are not present......that adds up to lots of legal tangles/lost money over a seemingly innocent tribute to your Grandfather/Father.

Don't mean to rain on the parade, but figured someone may as well speak to that before you had to do the blog updates from the pokey. The truck looks bitchin' regardless, have fun with it!

...smoke
                        Damned Spoil Sport

Comment

'smoke -- that's one hell of a point I hadn't considered!!!!

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

if you do it . get a blank magnetic sign to cover it up , my buddy does it with his restored state police cars

Comment

Small letters saying "not for hire", and classic/historical license plates trump all of what Chris said but, they are very good points.

GVWR won't matter either on classic/historical plates, just don't get caught hauling the new front porch fodder home from Lowes in it ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X