Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Prices was 2.39 now 2.52- look out

oh no
    NEW YORK ? Drivers across the U.S. paid more for gas every day this week, and it looks like they could pay a little more before pump prices level off.

The average price of a gallon of regular hit $2.782 on Friday, according to AAA, Wright Express and Oil Price Information Service. That's 1.4 cents higher than Thursday and 31.4 cents above a year ago. Gas prices haven't been this high since last spring. Just a week ago, the average price was $2.692.

The price of oil has been around $80 a barrel or more for over a week. Crude's been rising as the dollar has weakened against the euro. Since oil is priced in dollars, it becomes more attractive to foreign investors as the dollar falls. Higher oil prices mean refiners have to pay more for crude to make gasoline and other refined products.

Re: Gas Prices was 2.39 now 2.52- look out

Ya Diesel jumped about 20 cents here. I can't wait until these wars are over, my buddy that just got back form Afghanistan said everything in the military runs on Diesel, which is the reason we're paying so much for it.

Comment

ya and fools want to power cars with it..
      home heating oil 2,94gal

Comment

Originally posted by TubbedCamaro
        Ya Diesel jumped about 20 cents here. I can't wait until these wars are over, my buddy that just got back form Afghanistan said everything in the military runs on Diesel, which is the reason we're paying so much for it.
        thank you louis ruckheiser

Comment

it has nothing to do with the offshore drilling ban ? no
          not at all

Comment

diesel - 2.99
            maybe it was all of that diesel that burned that the pakistanis blew up the other day

Comment

MAYBE IT'S HOME HEATING SEASON AND HAVE TO HAVE A REASON TO RAPE HOME OWNERS..
              PLAN AND SIMPLE

Comment

I'd gladly pay a lousy $2.52 for regular. We are averaging fifty cents more here Cali.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

big fight brewing with the Chinese... things are going to get expensive as the way they are fighting is by printing more dollars (read, inflation).

but I agree Iron, fuel does follow seasonal patterns... and that whole capitalism thing, but I'll take that over the alternatives
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Huh, we've been between $2.90-3.20 for gas for a few months now.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                      I'd gladly pay a lousy $2.52 for regular. We are averaging fifty cents more here Cali.
                      CARB picks your pocket

Comment

I just paid 2.84 or 9....

my v8 daily driver dreams going back to photos apparently. :

run little boxer run. 8)

on a sick optimistic note, the usa used fule prices to aid in retirement increase for elderly SSI... maybe they be scandalizing thier way into bumping up an excuse for COLA this year...for two years none now.

SSI : it owns the country economy.

oh look. I paid 2.84 and 2.89...
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

kids in school get ssi if they can't speak the english

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            kids in school get ssi if they can't speak the english
                            I canlt head towards politics here.
                            lets talk military instead ;D
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

For regular around the LI area it is about $2.90-2.95 a gallon...

With all the talk about drilling, does anybody ever ask when was the last time a new from the ground up refining plant was built?

Comment

Working...
                              X