Fast Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast Food

I stopped eating fast food a month ago and have lost 15lbs. I was up to 263lbs and now I'm down to 248lbs as of this morning. I still have another 25lbs to go, as my target wieght is 220-225lbs. So basically I'm going to see how far changing my diet goes, and then when I plateau, I'm going to get back in the gym and burn the rest of it off. It's kind of funny how life changes after you get a cyst in your neck about the size of a golf ball and have to have it surgically removed. Good news it wasn't cancerous, but it seems I have borderline high blood pressure and all the sodium in fast food isn't doing me any good.

Damn the crap that happen as you get older. >

And as for favorite fast food place that would be the Red Headed Ho. ;)

Comment

Of the ones listed in the poll, Burger King.  But even better than that, I have to agree with yellowmalibu, I prefer Sonic and Whataburger.  But Whataburger got a little expensive, IMO so I stick to Sonic most of the time.

I WILL NOT eat at McDonalds. Bad food poisoning twice, from two different locations. I should have learned the first time, but I tried it again. Ended up in the hospital one of those times.

Comment

I voted for McD's since that's my favorite on the list, but the absolute best is the All American Drive-in, a local establishment in the true spirit of a 'burger joint' located on Merrick Road in Massapequa. They peel, slice, & fry the fries right on sight, and normally you'll see the 30 gal drums behind the counter filled with the fries. Order up a Double-Double (double burger, double cheese), large fries, and sit outside (there're no inside tables) either at the picnic tables or in your car.

sigpic

Comment

I went for a year without drinking soda or eating at any fast food joints. It didn't do a thing for me. No weight loss, no lower blood pressure, no extra energy. Not quite sure what that means, but I do eat at those places occasionally now.

Comment

come on how do you forget DELTACO way better than taco bell. I am down to eating fast food once a week not because of health issues it just gets bored that and scott isnt out here anymore to go to lunch with.

Comment

DELTACO? never heard of that one.....

Im still mad they got rid of Hardees in the Detroit area

Comment

Oh yeah, I used to live on Del Taco when I was out west... because it was cheap, not because it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by shaun callaway
                  come on how do you forget DELTACO way better than taco bell. I am down to eating fast food once a week not because of health issues it just gets bored that and scott isnt out here anymore to go to lunch with.
                  Some Del Taco's are pretty good, they seem to be like Taco Bell, real hit and miss. The one I miss most of all is Naugle's! They were better than Taco Bell and Del Taco combined.
                  Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                    DELTACO? never heard of that one.....

Im still mad they got rid of Hardees in the Detroit area
                    you never heard of deltaco theres one in dearborn and in warren both right outside detroit. ???

Comment

Arby's, the rest give me the shits, or sit in my stomach like a brick.

Comment

I dont live in Detoit itself... about 20 minutes west. But im not really a taco person anyway....

If i want cheap food, nothing beats the $1 Wopper Jr

Comment

Don't do fast food except for maybe a drive thru breakfast quickie and then it's whatever is open and whatever we're close to. No preferences - - they're all bad for you

Comment

Wendy's are winning!
                            We had Wendy's here a long time ago and their burgers were about the size of cookies! They weren't popular and they didn't last long. They got bought out by Hungry Jacks which is a Burger King subsidery I'm pretty sure.
                            They're a heap better than McChuck's!

Gee, we have "family-sized" pizza, but is this a family burger? I could live on that for nearly a week!
                            It's twice the size of that guy's head!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve
                              Wendy's are winning!
                              We had Wendy's here a long time ago and their burgers were about the size of cookies! They weren't popular and they didn't last long. They got bought out by Hungry Jacks which is a Burger King subsidery I'm pretty sure.
                              They're a heap better than McChuck's!

Gee, we have "family-sized" pizza, but is this a family burger? I could live on that for nearly a week!
                              It's twice the size of that guy's head!!

It took me a second to realize that those are "tooth picks" with pickles on them. Somehow that doesnt look good to me at all

Comment

http://www.media-post.net/biggest_burger.php

Comment

Working...
                                X