Some one put this Picture of us at the 1987 Street Machine Nationals up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some one put this Picture of us at the 1987 Street Machine Nationals up

This is Toms Car (it was his Brother Killed on Power Tour this Year)

Its the first Pro Street Car we ever built, this was built in 1985 we thought we where ahead of the curve.
    Its me in the Passenger side I was just a little shocked to see a picture posted of it and Thought I would share a little of the old days, We where in our 20's at the time.

Barn Door over the Top of a Crower 8 port, Tunnel Ram on Alky with Nitrous, in 427 Aluminum Rod Motor, Steel Rect. Port Heads with 2.30's Dana 60 with Spool and 4:88s

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Re: Some one put this Picture of us at the 1987 Street Machine Nationals up

Glad you added the pic, I was wondering what you were talking about ....
    Anyhow, that is a cool bit of history right there !!

Comment

Oh man, that thing was a BRUTE!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

pretty chevelle

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496

I was there. With my little brother Mark. In a bright yellow 76 Pontiac Ventura and blacked out trim. went in '87, '88, and '89. I swear I remember your car.... really.....
          Mark got killed by a drunk driver a month before the '90 nats. Haven't been to a National type car show since. Thanks for posting this. Brought back allot of good times to me. thanks.
          Thanks for the pictures man. those where the days, it drew a croud everywhere, it thumped ! I have video somewhere of Springfield from the passenger seat and the Cops pulling us over after a burnout

Comment

WOOD!....Do you know if the car is still around Jeff?
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

sweeeet! THOSE were the days....we all seem a little jaded now...i least i am sometimes. : and i shouldn't be.lets just have fun!!!

my buddy at work FREAKS out cuz i leave my nova out in the rain...i"m like, "what? dude...when it was new..somebody drove it in WINTER!!" get over yourself...lol.
              "IGNORANCE SHOULD BE EFFIN PAINFUL"

522 cubes on One Gun,doin' it on W's at full weight baby!

Comment

Tom Still owns it, but it now has a Single Domintator on a Strip Dominator intake.

He will never sell it it was a A/C SS Four Speed Car

It was owned by his best Friend that was killed on his Bike and I guess his Dad could not keep looking at it so he pretty much Gave it to Tom with all the parts. We turned it into what you see after a lot of work it was a cut out wheel well car with 5 foot long ladder bars a tunnel ram with 660s when he got it.

Comment

I talked by email to Tom a good bit after Jamey's accident. I could tell he is a great guy. I saw his username on the hotrod forum but had no idea of the story behind it. Super nice car.

Comment

Its amazing the history of some cars.That is one.Thanks

Comment

We built it and my Chevy II and a Mud Runner all in 24 hours, thats where our "Chassis in a Day" name came from (it was all the longer we could borrow a welder) LOL

Comment

Timeless!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X