So what did you do today???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So what did you do today???

I took my 401 to the guy that?s going to take care the bottom end for me, he know a thing ?er two about AMC?s. He owns this interesting Red, White, and blue Gremlin that has real big tires on the back, He he. ;)
    He said block looked good; crank will need some machining but will be OK so the 401 I bought last year will be ok, whew! :o
    Plan is for a nice stout 401 with mostly stock internals that will make power to about 6,500 RPM and still be a good driver. Afew trick parts like a nice road racing style oil pan and an external feed from the pan to the oil pump and a few other small tricks.
    Aside from doing engines his great little shop does a pile of other fab work that is just amazing, it?s alwayse great to drop by.
    While there I took a ride in a car with a similar engine to what I am going to build, any day you can be in a 400+ HP car with a 4-gear is a very good day. ;D

Comment

It rained most of the day, but I finally got out and did some work on the '58 Caddy. I fixed the grounding problem on the right tail light and brake light switch adjustment. I just need to tighten up the brakes and I'm done. For now.

On the Caprice, I moved the temp sensor to the intake, up jetted the carb, and advanced the timing.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Banzai run home from Waco. 18 1/2 hours in the car. :o
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Man - that's some seat time Bob.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
          X