Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

Yeah Right!!!
    There are a few things that can be done in times of grave
    emergencies. Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival.

Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST: Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobiles is 112.

If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network
    and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any
    existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number
    112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy
    Someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the
    spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone from your
    cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have
    the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone
    on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object.
    You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the
    other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).

Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!'

THIRD: Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#
    Your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50%
    increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge
    your cell next time.

FOURTH: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following
    digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This
    number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.
    When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them
    this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief
    changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get
    your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't
    use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people
    stealing mobile phones.

And

Finally....

FIFTH: Free Directory Service for Cells

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411
    information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a
    telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even
    more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply
    dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all.
    Program this into your cell phone now.

This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass
    it on to your family and friends

Re: 5 THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

Hi FordPlay, I am sure this was sent with the best of intention.
    I having been slinging cell phones for a living for almost 20 years now...I hate it..but the money is too good to leave!
    You can imagine I have seen this email (too many times now), and I'd like to address these individually!

1) BS ..use 911 ...you are in America! If you travel abroad, check with the locals!

2)Total BS ...watch your friends laugh at you when you try this one! Then go "snipe" hunting! LOL

3)BIG BS! ...this is aken to the "hidden" gas tank in your car! WTF?

4)BIGGER BS...if your phone is stolen (or lost) ...call your carrier! GSM phones (i.e. T-Mobile, AT$T/Cingular) can be used by anyone with a live sim card. CDMA phones (Verizon, AllTel, Sprint) can be reported to the carrier and put into negative status ...then it just goes to a third world country for use! Protect yourself and call the carrier!

5)The only VALID point here! ...but when I am traveling and need a number fast ...nuthin' beats 411 ...AND most carriers will text the number to you...for future reference!

Put down the phone and drive!

Comment

At least someone is awake!

I never Use the Cell Phone and Drive.

I knew this would get a correct response from someone that really knew the Deal.

Comment

My wife and I are technological retard's, in our living room is black rotory dial phone built in 1966 and works perfectly. The only reason we even have a cell phone is in case the car quits up here in the middle of nowhere. I do like my new Ipod though. ;D
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

A list purports that with the press of a few buttons, various phone numbers and code sequences unlock hidden features and services.

Unfortunately another urban legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
            My wife and I are technological retard's, in our living room is black rotory dial phone built in 1966 and works perfectly. The only reason we even have a cell phone is in case the car quits up here in the middle of nowhere. I do like my new Ipod though. ;D
            That's funny. You know about 5 years ago I was visiting my Grandma in the nursing home and they had a rotary dial pay phone in the lobby. Well, my cell phone was in the car and I needed to make a call so I grabbed the pay phone. It took me like 3 tries to dial the right number!!! I hadn't used one in so long I forgot it actually takes some skill (albeit not much) to dial one of those things!

Comment

Originally posted by CarPlayLB
              1) BS ..use 911 ...you are in America! If you travel abroad, check with the locals!

2)Total BS ...watch your friends laugh at you when you try this one! Then go "snipe" hunting! LOL
              1) 112 is a world-wide emergency number that will work without a sim card, and on a locked keypad. Give it a try.
              000 is our emergency number but 112 works also (but only on mobile phones).

2) Yeah, I think this was Busted on Mythbusters recently.

There is a 6) feature as well. It's "Pain in the arse".

Comment

Working...
              X